Bushmoot Loadout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I got 9 horsefly bites on my left leg and 5 on my right Saturday morning strimming our chicken enclosure in shorts.

Dumb move but it was scorching.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
"That is a great list BL, thanks for that, may I ask in my ignorance what SAK FAK and KFC are ??"

"Swiss Army Knife
First Aid Kit
Knife Fork Chopsticks"

Ahhh, ya beat me to it!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
The drinking waters fine. Cool and clean. Showers good enough, but make it early or late as they can, from time to time loose hot water due to over demand.
Its a great site, loads to do (or just kick back) the kids are more than safe to just be kids and there's always someone to lend a helping hand, if required.

You have Porthcawl or even Cardiff/The Mumbles for a day out, rockpooling at Aberthaw, fossil hunting at Monknash. Sling a rod in the car.

Most of all, have fun :)

the axe, do you think we will really need one?

Fire wood is always available and someone normally cuts larger trees into rounds. If you intend to have a campfire in the evening it may help.
You may just prefer to hunt down thinner stuff and feed it through. Its personal choice really. Its not very often I get the chance to use mine, so they always go.

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I took an axe year before last, never used it (apart from giving it to Mr Budd to sharpen)

I also bought another axe. Again, sharpened by Mr Budd. Neither got used there... 300 acres = lots of firewood.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Re the axe, do you think we will really need one?

I didn't take one last year, and I had to impose on Longstrider to chop some firewood for me as a result (thanks Ian!) - there was plenty of available wood, but it was in large rounds. If it's an option (and if you want a fire) I'd take one, but you'll probably find some kind soul to help out if you can't.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
You can have my old spot overlooking the car park, I'm moving to the NC. I can't cope with being woken up by screaming kids at 8am when I have only just got to hammock! :sleeping:

I also fell heavily out of my hammock in my rush to assist one afternoon after hearing someone screaming "help help". It was the First Aid course participants practicing! The course almost went live! :crutch:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
No sorry mate, IIRC I heard it last year at the morning meet: people who went through the deeper and thicker brushes.

Not something I personally worry about, as I expect them to be in every wood I visit.

:yikes:

Vaseline - Tick!
Surgical spirit - Tick!
Cotton balls - Tick!
Long trousers - Tick!
Socks - Tick!
Briefs instead of boxers - Tick! :eek: Yep, it happens, I've seen it, toooo much information!

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
However as a gentleman I would happily arrange to post it to you if I can find a suitable tube. Ah I know where to get just the thing.

That's just reminded me to bring my bows!

Thank you!

Mmmm. I wonder how much it would cost to get the thing posted? I will have to look into it. Might be a possibility to take it on easyjet, after all it wont be as big as a pair of skis, but then again it will be a lot longer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE