Bushmoot Loadout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Its not a long walk to beautiful sand dunes and the sea so take along beach kit and get down to the coast for a day with the family.

What Rik said... The walk through the dunes is gorgeous and the beach is generally crowd free on the Merthyr side of the river.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Well Midnighthound you could spend your core days helping me search 300 acres of Welsh woods for giggling rug rats. Kids and watches?!?

You don't have kids.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Thank you so much for the offers of mats etc. guys, I think I already have a loan of some blankets which will be perfect for under or over us depending on the weather and I now know I can nip to tesco if it all goes pear shaped, I am quite willing to buy anything I need cheap and then donate it to people at the end as I probably won't be able to carry it back on the plane ;) so sad cos I really wanted to make a long bow whilst I am there, but I cannot see myself getting that back on easyjet ;(

Re: kids and entertainment, I totally believe a little bit of boredom is excellent for kids, we have spent many a week in many a field with nothing to do and the girls kick their heels around for 24 hours and then get really stuck into the surroundings. I am really looking forward to the idea that we are going to be living minimally for ten days, most importantly with no electricity and if I can get away with it no tomato ketchup.

I am sorry about your dangling legs Treadlightly, I know how that feels ;)

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Hmmm, I'd love to hear the conversation between you, longbow in hand, and the EasyJet check in person!

You're right, a little boredom is no bad thing.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
However as a gentleman I would happily arrange to post it to you if I can find a suitable tube. Ah I know where to get just the thing.

That's just reminded me to bring my bows!

Thank you!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
im sure we all take enough gear to lend people in our community if necessary al you need to do is ask at the meetings in the mornings regards dave

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Well, there's just the two of us, but this should give you an idea (depending on your transport arrangements)

Tent-
Two kip mats
Two bags (plus spare in car)
Led lantern, Batteries
Pocket torch
Head torch

Main Tarp--Admin--Catering
Fold up table
Cartridge gas stove
Chopping board/knife/two steel bowls
Stock pot
Dutch oven
Kettle/coffee maker
Plates, cups, kfs
Comfy chairs
Water carrier

Hygene-
Bucket, biodegradable liquid soap- laundry
Washing up liquid/pot sourer
Wash kit
Microtowel
Three changes of clothes
Warm jackets

Tools-
Axe or three
Saw
SAK
FAK
Suntan lotion (really!)

Foodstuffs- Coolbox
Preserves
Dried foods, vegetables, condiments
Squash
Haribos (lots)

I've not even started on the other odds and sods, but something above may prompt you.
Bridgend is less than 10 mins in the car - and rumour has it you 'may' have to pass a KFC en-route :)

Last edited:

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
That is a great list BL, thanks for that, may I ask in my ignorance what SAK FAK and KFC are ;) ??

Re the axe, do you think we will really need one?

Well, there's just the two of us, but this should give you an idea (depending on your transport arrangements)

Tent-
Two kip mats
Two bags (plus spare in car)
Led lantern, Batteries
Pocket torch
Head torch

Main Tarp--Admin--Catering
Fold up table
Cartridge gas stove
Chopping board/knife/two steel bowls
Stock pot
Dutch oven
Kettle/coffee maker
Plates, cups, kfs
Comfy chairs
Water carrier

Hygene-
Bucket, biodegradable liquid soap- laundry
Washing up liquid/pot sourer
Wash kit
Microtowel
Three changes of clothes
Warm jackets

Tools-
Axe or three
Saw
SAK
FAK
Suntan lotion (really!)

Foodstuffs- Coolbox
Preserves
Dried foods, vegetables, condiments
Squash
Haribos (lots)

I've not even started on the other odds and sods, but something above may prompt you.
Bridgend is less than 10 mins in the car - and rumour has it you 'may' have to pass a KFC en-route :)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for all that so far everyone.

What is the arrangement for water and washing on site?

There are several taps with drinking water around the site and a central toilet block with showers and wash stands, and sinks outside for dishes.

That is a great list BL, thanks for that, may I ask in my ignorance what SAK FAK and KFC are ??

Re the axe, do you think we will really need one?

Swiss Army Knife
First Aid Kit
Knife Fork Chopsticks

:p

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Thanks for all that so far everyone.

What is the arrangement for water and washing on site?

There is a standpipe near the toilet block, two sinks for washing dishes, a urinial and three toilets, and gents and ladies showers. Bring your own toilet paper and your good to go.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Wasps have been known to be a problem and last year I and a couple others had some bad bites from cleggs, one of which I reacted badly to and ended up having to take anti-histamines for it.

I have been testing out the stupidly simple mosquito repellent from Xylaria and it so far has been 100% effective against cleggs/horseflies, you just have to remember to keep putting it on throughout the day. The only time I have been bitten this year is when I forgot to put it on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE