Dandelion Dolmas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

franglais

Tenderfoot
Jun 4, 2013
France
There are lot of large dandelion leaves at the moment, so I thought I'd pass on this recipe I was given by a Greek chap who used to come into the community garden I worked in, dolmas are a simple dish of rice wrapped in vine leaves traditionally, the Greek Cypriots that moved to London adapted the recipe and used dandelion leaves. The large leaves should be pickled or bottled in olive oil first, they will keep for ages, but can be used after a few weeks, boil up some risotto rice, you can have it plain or spice it up however you want, sorrel is available at the moment and will give the dolmas a lemony kick, once the rice has cooled place them in the dandelion leaves and roll them, seal the ends also, they should be around 3"-4" long and about 1" thick, hold them together with toothpicks and cool them in the fridge.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
The roots can be dried, chopped, roasted then ground to produce a 'coffee'.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The roots can be dried, chopped, roasted then ground to produce a 'coffee'.

Very much a "Coffee" in inverted comas, I'd call it more a hot coloured drink. Not necessarily unpleasant but not coffee. Like Chicory - now that is unpleasant.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE