slow match,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
20130625_180835.jpg

20130625_180734.jpg

Hi all for sale I have 23 slow matches 12" long cotton rope treated with potassium nitrate in a 10 mm diameter stainless tube (approx 2 "long). £5 each ,price includes uk postage and PayPal fees.

I have brass ones now for sale , £4 each or £6 for two, all in to UK address.

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I have some copper with brass outer but its 8mm so the rope may be a little tight, if your interested I'll see if it fits.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
I remember growing up as a kid, it wasnt uncommon for people to go on holiday at the queens leisure. Anyway, they would generally come back with a souveneir with them like that. It was made out of match sticks, similar shape to a zippo lighter. The would use strands off a mop and thread it through from bottom to top. Then they would have a slot for a clipper end sunk in near to the mop strand. They flicked the wheel at the charred mop end till they got an ember and light there smoke with it as matches were expensive and werent allowed lighters.
I dont know if thats what these do, they just jogged my memory about them seeing these. Ray

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
I have some copper with brass outer but its 8mm so the rope may be a little tight, if your interested I'll see if it fits.

Yeh that sounds great mate. If you could drop me a PM just to let me know if it fits and ill if its all good ill send over the funds :)

Cheers again

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Sorry but the tube is too small cowboy, if 4 people wanted them in brass I would order some tube but its too expensive for just one.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Just got back from the woods and I tried the slow match with a magnifing glass (finally had Sun!) Worked a treat
IMAG0767.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE