DIY Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
300g is what I was hoping for so I'm pleased with that, cuben fiber would easily half the weight but it's so expensive!

I used up a little bit of the left over material this morning and made a small stuff sack for the tarp

photo_zpsaad61f5b.jpg

Surprised myself again with how well it turned out, and only 8 grams!

Will you be taking commissions? :)

I'd love to! but I wouldn't dream of selling these to anyone until this one has been given a thorough testing

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
Looks the biz that fella! hmmmmm the Mrs' sewing machine has been gathering dust recently! may need to have a play with it! :)

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
So now you have made it and it looks great, everyone loves it I come back to my commissions question!

I'm after a tarp of custom dimensions and I wonder if you could make one? It is going to be interesting as I have a cunning plan to make a super light weight tent! If you are up for the challenge PM me and I'll post you a couple of bits I have :)

Rich

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Looks awesome mate! hope your testing period is swift and successful.
and then off to becoming a maker ^^
Brilliant stuff
Yours sincerely Ruud

Many thanks Ruud, It's been used a couple of times and has passed with flying colours :)

Looks the biz that fella! hmmmmm the Mrs' sewing machine has been gathering dust recently! may need to have a play with it! :)

Do it! I should probably warn you though that it soon becomes very addictive!

So now you have made it and it looks great, everyone loves it I come back to my commissions question!

I'm after a tarp of custom dimensions and I wonder if you could make one? It is going to be interesting as I have a cunning plan to make a super light weight tent! If you are up for the challenge PM me and I'll post you a couple of bits I have :)

Rich

Hi Rich, Drop me a PM with the sort of thing you're after and I'll see if I can help :)

Matt

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
Outstanding. You are inspiring me to make a lightweight poncho I have been toying with.
Which walking poles are in the picture?

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Really Awesome, having had a brief attempt on a sewing machine myself I know how hard it can be to get a straight unbunched up line. You should have got on to the Great Brittish Sewing Bee, would have been a far more intresting program had they being making outdoor gear rather than posh togs :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE