Gps for geocache

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I have been using my samsung s3 mini. Just does not seem to have the accuracy

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Thanks. I would still like a dedicated gps unit if anyone has one...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I use a Nexus 4 android phone with C:Geo and Memory Map and GPS Status and the Groundspeak geocaching.com bespoke app. I would happily go toe to toe with any GPSR device for a fraction of the price. The only downside for me is batteries with your Garmins and what not it's easy to swap batteries with the phones it's not as easy or in the case of many in the current generation impossible. To mitigate this issue I have a Power Monkey which can charge it 6 times over, there are other similar cheaper options. I got into geocaching and found my first 500+ with an HTC Desire and the groundspeak app, basic but very doable for a casual bit of caching.

We should form a little group of bushcrafting geocachers : )

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
Hi - I have a Magellan GPS 315, has a small scratch on the screen, comes with car charger, pc lead datapoint map and manual (I think). I am currently recovering from a hernia op so a little immobile at the moment, so can check and confirm items later. Used to use it for geocaching - it is an old unit, not über accurate but did me good enough. Only looking for £25 posted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE