Huge stainless pan help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm looking to source a humongous stainless pan

The ideal would be square or rectangular - 18"+ along the long side by at least 12"

In a circular size at least 12" diameter by 18" tall.

It can't be aluminium as I will be boiling washing soda in it and sterilising beekeeping frames etc.

Its likely to get horribly manky and be reserved for beekeeping so I don't want to spend a fortune.

I have tried surplus shops and restauant suppliers - but to no avail at a price I can afford.......

Anyone got a clue where I could look pretty please?

Red

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I guess you've looked at gastronorm pans when checking with the catering suppliers?

But might fit the bill at £33 LINK

Only 150mm deep but 20l capacity...

*Edit* Scrap that not wide enough, sorry.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
For the circular one I would have though of the steel and ceramic cannig pots; the ones you sterilize the jars in? Not stainless so I don't know if they'll fit your needs or not.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Does it actually have to be a "pan?" Might you be able to find a similar sized stainless bucket or tub at a farm supply shop?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have thought about a strong stainless bucket....

The Makro one sounds okay - but I was hoping not to spend £50 on something that will get filthy on first use and stay that way!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Red,

Have you tried Makro? Don't know exactly where you are but there's a big one in Birmingham. Try THIS page, there's also a store locator HERE.

Hope this helps?

GB.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
If there are any scrap metal merchants in your area, they may have an old beer barrel.
Some are stainless, you should be able cut the top of with a disc cutter, and end up with big pot which may be suitable
Chas

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
There's this on Ebay currently Hugh.

Collection only but you might get a member local to them to collect on your behalf and courier it to you.

Thats just what I need Steve - would be perfect if only I could get to it :(

I have asked the seller if he would be willing to post - here's hoping!

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I've thought about getting one from this guy in the past but fear they'd be too thin for a camp fire, very cheap though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320839083...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

19 litre is over 12" wide & 11" or so tall, so you would need to flip them over to get a complete soak.

Another option would be to bend some stainless yourself into a shallow tray?

Edit, found a bigger one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS..._Kitchen_Cookware_GL&var=&hash=item4abd5f6e18

38.5CM wide x 33CM Tall

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks for the input guys...I'll keep my fingers crossed for the big catering pan Steve found for now!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Make one. Get some cheap stainless sheet,cut to size, weld it up, away you go. You can have whatever size/depth you want then :)

I'm looking to source a humongous stainless pan

The ideal would be square or rectangular - 18"+ along the long side by at least 12"

In a circular size at least 12" diameter by 18" tall.

It can't be aluminium as I will be boiling washing soda in it and sterilising beekeeping frames etc.

Its likely to get horribly manky and be reserved for beekeeping so I don't want to spend a fortune.

I have tried surplus shops and restauant suppliers - but to no avail at a price I can afford.......

Anyone got a clue where I could look pretty please?

Red

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE