Berghaus vulcan on amazon..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Had an email from amazon saying hte above is currently on offer at £120, can't decide whether to buy one or not. At 5'10", i figure i need a size 3 ?.

Rob

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
At 5'10 my size 3 is too big for me. Just because your tall doesnt mean you have a long back maybe just long legs.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Woof, if you go onto the Berghaus website there is a chart comparing the right size of pack to the length of your back from nape of neck to small of back, this is the important measurment NOT how tall you are, i'm 5'11'' and the size 3 fits me perfectly but my mate who is the same height needs a 4 as our back lengths are diffrent, does that make sense?
If you do decide to buy one you won't regret it they are a bloddy fantastic pack. good luck bud

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks again folks, yep they are a bit cheaper if you look round. Just got my wife to measure my back, comes out at 20", so i'm realy confused. Trooper, what did your back measure ?

Does anyone know of a shop in the east midlands that stocks them so i can try one ?

Rob

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Cotswold at Nottm, don't have them in stock, but will get them in to order, but won't price match on special orders.

Anyone suggest anywhere else ?

Rob

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
Could someone who has got the size 4 vulcan, atlas or centurion post the height of the pack from the middle of the hip belt (where your hipbones are supposed to be) up to the top of the load lifters above the shoulder straps (the red circle on the pic)?

Also, do you find the vulcan to be stable when it is loaded with say 20 kgs?

jb0j2o.jpg

Last edited:

Scopey

Forager
Apr 26, 2012
Brandon,Suffolk
Can't help you on sizing but I used a Vulcan for the last 5 years of my service including a tour in Helmand as an infantry soldier. While it didn't work great with Osprey I can tell you it is by far the best Bergan money can buy in my opinion. I have owned a few Kifaru patrol size packs and currently own a Mystery Ranch but for Bergan sized packs you dont need molle or bells and whistles you just need something stable, robust and comfortable that shifts the weight onto the hips.
I have carried in the region of 80 lbs in a Vulcan and regularly 50 lbs and it handles it very well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE