Advice required...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jon G

Oct 21, 2012
Bridgend - South Wales
Hello wise folk.
I really need some help deciding which of these packs would serve me best. I've read the many reviews on here, and am still struggeling to decide.
I realise there are many variables to consider; but I'm looking for a well built pack for weekends away in the woods and longer walking holidays.
Out of these two, which would you purchase?
Thanks in advance, Jonathan.

Berghaus Vulcan Bergen

Tasmanian Tiger Range Pack

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
The Vulcan has been military battle proven for over 30 years in its various guises.. No pretty pictures or flowery sales hype. Just thousands of serving squaddies always choosing it as the pack of choice... Is it pretty no, does it do the job, yes and then some.... Will you break it, as a civilian VERY doubtful. It's not the lightest of packs but it should outlast you. I sold my vulcan in the late 90's after many years HARD use in the service. It had been jumped on, thrown out of helicopters, shot (4 rounds and I wasn't wearing it at the time) used as a makeshift stretcher seat to casivac a comrade, it has been covered in mud, snot, blood and other unmentionables and came through it all. Am I gutted?? So much so that I'm buying a new one this week. If you go for one make sure you get the right size

Size 2 - 5'3'' to 5'8''.
Size 3 - 5'9'' to 5'11''.
Size 4 - 6' to 6'6''.

Jon G

Oct 21, 2012
Bridgend - South Wales
Gentlemen, Your advise is much appreciated! I think I will end up purchasing the Vulcan. Most reviews mention the no frills, robust design, and thats exactly what I want.
Thanks again, Jonathan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE