guyline thightners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
But I like gadgets... I have a few of these,

http://www.rvops.co.uk/Catalogue/Sl...arps/Accessories/Lock-it-LINE-LOK-Tent-Cleats

d7a420ca-f912-4b4b-9d87-a0c20107125c_350x296.jpg

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
This all seems a bit complicated
Does nobody else jut use a stick as a peg and either tie off at length or move the peg to tension the tarp?

A man after my own heart. Or buy a tent with no guylines like mine and then there is no problem.

Also, I don't do hammoks etc , but if you have a problem with the guylines becoming slack through wind buffeting(thinking round a tree?) why not use a non slipknot that you can tie under tension? I'd rather untie a hardish knot once, than keep pithering aboot with it.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
dear bilmo,

surely the one side of the eyelets could be cut out to allow the string to be put in an out, using a knot as the stopper. Bend the metal a little, first to catch the knot on the one side and on the other to bite into the pass through. That would allow you to pass it round a thick tree without the carrabianer.
Just a thought

BenTheSweep

Apr 12, 2013
Bristol
Poundland do 4 guys with slides for ........nnnnnnn............gggggggggg...........ggggggg...................mmmmmmmmmm.............fffffff........

Anyway, not the best but they work! and they are only rrrrrrrrrrrr............hhhhhhhh............dddddddddd.............

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
INPUT.

Message must be 12 characters long.

Edit:

my tent does actually have taut line knots already, but being Vango's tension band systen they're on the inside! Tension band knot !

Last edited:

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I'm a big fan of line-loks too, I bought a big bag full of them last year to replace all the ones on my Tentipi in particular (but up-graded the runners on all my other tents too). The factory where they are made is near where I live and when I called at the works last summer the MD/owner sold me what I needed himself, he is very proud of the design & quality of the line-loks (they also test UV degradation and impact resistance under extreme cold) and I virtually got a tour of the factory! All Hilleberg tents come fitted with line-loks as standard so I think that is a mark of confidence from a high-quality outfit. I've no connection to the manufacturers myself but have been meaning to recommend them here since last year as they are so good. Having said all that I use the taughtline-hitch on my tarp lines :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE