Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Well it's a dog eat dog world I suppose.

If the clone performs as good as the genuine one then it'll be good value. It's by far the best woodgas stove I've used/seen.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
yea here are some pics. it all stores inside the stove

20130212_112120_zps2e327ccb.jpg

20130212_112200_zps61e72d00.jpg

works extremely well with the alpkit 750 mug as it sits down low inside so no wind problems.

edit, stove can be used on its own too and i made a simmer ring from half a can bottom. burns for 30 mins so great for your sausages in the morning too

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Cheers Paul, looks like your burner holes are on the inside of the lip. Would this work with the Trangia burner.

Oh forgot to say I got the TiGoat stove and the leg assembly is way better than the Kifaru.
AD48A00B-C134-4C0C-A644-6B7E72B09C33-3743-00000294110CA971_zpsf2519ba7.jpg

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
yea the burner holes are angled inwards and on a slight angle to make a vortex, its the most efficient vent setup ive found. It does work with a trangia but the pot stand has to be higher and its less efficient fuel wise. ive got an evernew ti burner on the way and will test that with it too.

be interested to see some pics of the tigoat in action, ive now received new beefed up legs from seek outside for mine but not had chance to play yet. they are much thicker so im hopeful it will now be ok

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
So far I'm impressed withit but its got a big downside. The feed hole at the front is only 3" so trying to get fuel in is awkward. I mainly bought it so I can use the measurments to build my own, then can make the adjustments to suit.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I ordered the China clone of the slightly older wild stove, the one with older style pot supports. It was on sale for USD 18.80 + shipping and there were just a couple of them left. Now the listing is updated and does not show how many there are left in stock and I got a message just now from the seller saying they are out of stock and apparently will not be able to send out any stoves until they (someone) makes more of them.

Updating scam alert level to yellow. It did say 20 days to prepare shipping though. We'll see.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Köld;1274507 said:
I ordered the China clone of the slightly older wild stove, the one with older style pot supports. It was on sale for USD 18.80 + shipping and there were just a couple of them left. Now the listing is updated and does not show how many there are left in stock and I got a message just now from the seller saying they are out of stock and apparently will not be able to send out any stoves until they (someone) makes more of them.

Updating scam alert level to yellow. It did say 20 days to prepare shipping though. We'll see.

Both of mine have been dispatched. Have you asked for a refund or are you sitting tight?

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I think I will wait for it. Maybe I should look into how long buyers have to get a refund using the aliexpress buyer protection. Lots of info about that here.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
i got the same email

[ result of the recent shipments increasing demand, our company is now out of stock goods.We are already in production, please be patient.Caused you inconvenience please forgive me! Thank you!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE