Does anyone use a 'footprint' with their tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yup a lot of manufacturers have made ultralight tents for the mountain marathon masochists. They like to deny themselves safety and comfort by using kit so light it only just works if the conditions are right and to eat the most scientificaly boring quick prepare glop going. But at least they're doing it to themselves and not others. After years of selling and using tents in lots of conditions I personally can't see past Hilleberg. Not cheap or the lightest, but I think they are light when you consider the benefits they provide in their design and the sheer strength they posess.

bailout

Jul 17, 2008
devon
Having a light groundsheet and footprint allows you the choice whether to take it or not and the footprint can be replaced if damaged. A heavy duty sewn in groundsheet means you are stuck with it.

I use a bit of plastic cut from a Lidl dust sheet with my Tiger Paws. Keeps the groundsheet clean and I am not sure how completely waterproof the Tiger Paws groundsheet is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE