Audi A3 Vs Alpha Mito and others!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've got an Alfa 156 that I've had for about 5 years and it's great, I've put over 100k miles on it and never broken down once in that time.

Saying that it's rapidly building up a list of minor things that are broken or don't work properly. It's split a couple of boost pipes and the front suspension seems to eat bushes, bits tend to randomly stop working or fall off, the interior is great but flimsy. The rear wiper burned out, the boot release broke a few times and locked the dog in there, the airbag light comes on randomly. Sometimes if it's feeling a bit fragile it'll throw a fit and go into limp mode for no reason, it doesn't like running without some kind of warning light on even though nothing is wrong, the side skirts are both cracked, the fog lights and splash guards are held on with an increasing number of cable ties, the sun visor spring snapped so now it hangs limply and has to be removed when the sun goes in, there's a wired thing in the roof that rattles and won't go away. The electric mirror on the drivers side doesn't work any more and the paint is peeling of the mirror mount. The alarm is really only good for waking the neighbours up nice and early for no reason. My dog ate the seatbelts and the new ones retract at glacial speed. The headlights are terrible to the point of being dangerous and it belches black smoke when I accelerate hard and there's a worrying rattle from the front suspension that no one can find the source of but other than that it's been faultless :)

Hey you got the good one meant for the Alfa CEO, I think he wants it back.

I do love 'em but like Landies they are a thing of love. Though my Landies were the most economical cars I ever owned. Mainy 'cause they sat in the drive in bits or kaput and hardly drove anywhere. Hence why they're called (all together now) Off Road Vehicles.

I think the Alfa and the Audi are both great looking cars and will probably both drive well. If it were my choice it'd have to come down to price and running costs these days as at the moment the heart can't have too much of a say.

Good luck.
GB.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
An up date for those who are interested:

Despite what some have said I really liked the A3 when I looked round one and think it's a very nice car.

That said I just test drove the 155 BHP Alfa Mito, and in dynamic mode that thing absolutely flies! Really puts a smile on your face, this could be a tough decision!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE