Some stars and camp shots near Blair Atholl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
Hello, all. I've only recently joined here so figured I'd best contribute something before questioning people on all the things I need to learn. :) The exif for the below pictures is not there however if you want to know any setttings then just give me a shout and I'll check the files in lightroom. It's a pretty inconsistent set as far as processing goes as I was trying out some new things.

They were all taken a couple of miles up the Bruar Water near Blair Atholl, Scotland. They were taken in September, sadly my last outing until soon hopefully. As you can guess...the midges were still out in force.

EyeRightPhotography3544GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3527GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3523GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3415GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3293GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3294GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3296GordonConnor-23.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3477GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3488GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3367GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3314GordonConnorE.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3305GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3380GordonConnor.jpg

EyeRightPhotography3437GordonConnor.jpg

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hi Switch :)

Beautiful pics of my favourite part of Scotland. The night sky shots are stunning against the Scots pine.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
Thanks a lot for the welcome and the comments people. Much appreciated. :)

I was quite surprised at the lack of light pollution there. I thought you'd have to go further North but quite a welcome surprise.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
lovely stuff :D

what editing do you do? They look brill

Thanks. I use Lightroom for most things...other than the cinematic style letterbox in one of them. If you use Lightroom then the following may make some sense. Most of the colour ones there, especially the first 2, have some slightly different tints added in the "split toning" section in Lightroom. One tint to the highlights and an alternate tone to the shadows. The colour day shots are generally low contrast and saturation. The black and white's are quite heavy on contrast and vignette. Probably a bit too much vignette to be honest.

The star shots...all of the foreground lighting came from the camp fire which with the long exposure coloured the trees red. The trees were such a deep red that I made the colour temperature cooler although that introduced more blue in the sky as well. I quite liked that so kept it. The way I took the red out of the second star shot and brought greens back into the trees was but going into the colour section and changing the luminance and hue of the red and orange sliders so that it was only those colours that were affected rather than the whole scene.

That's a very rough overview of them however some of them are processed quite diffently...some have little done to them and others have a lot more changed by way of colour balances and tones. If there's any in particular you want to know what was done then give me a shout.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE