husqvana hatchet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grip

Forager
Nov 30, 2009
here and there
Just bought a husky hatchet, what a cracking tool for the money.I have a gb small forest and its great but the little husky is all the axe i'll ever need. Mind its a little rough round the gills but nowt that a wee bit of fettling wont put right. So if your in the market for a bushy axe and you're on a budget you wont do better than a husky for the money.
No connection to this company or any vendor btw........Grip

DS1150

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2010
London
I got one 2 years ago and think it's great. It is a bit rough as you say. I had to re-edge it as the edge wasn't symmetrical and also sanded the handle down but after a bit of work it's great.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Yeah, they are great, but buy a file at the same time and give it some time on the edge to get it working better.
Then some stone sharpening.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I've got one too and completely agree with all the comments here. Haven't really touched the blade apart from touching it up with a stone. Fantastic little axe.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
These are the new style people are buying -right? The older version was quite a bit smaller. Both are superb tools with great carving and splitting ability. I always pick my Huskie over my GBs.

grip

Forager
Nov 30, 2009
here and there
These are the new style people are buying -right? The older version was quite a bit smaller. Both are superb tools with great carving and splitting ability. I always pick my Huskie over my GBs.

Thats right mate, mine is the new type very good for the money.........Grip

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE