Magic biscuits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Whats your recipie?

Keep mine simple, candle wax, petrolium jelly and meths.

How do you make yours?

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Just beeswax for me but i am about to experiment with birch polypore soaked in meths then sealed with wax. I will then push in a thin sliver of fatwood as a fuse :D

probably labour intensive but hey its playing with fire :)

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
Flat cottonwool pads rolled very tight and dipped in hot wax leaving just the end dry. Sealed in ducktape to keep dry, open up the tape fluff up the end to light and leave standing on its end to slow the burn down.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well i had a little play today, id got some polypore that had been soaked in saltpeter so i put a few bits in a bowl and sprinkled liberally with meths, next i gave them two dips in hot wax to seal. They work really well. dont burn as long as a face pad but plently long enough to light my lavvu stove. they really fizz once lit :D

20121120_143106.jpg

20121120_121051.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I've used mainly cotton wool and Vaseline, every now and then cotton wool dipped in melted candle wax, also the wax of cheese works well be it baby bell, Edam, or Wensleydale.

Have on occasions used the old lip-salve that kicks about in my rucksack...

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I've used mainly cotton wool and Vaseline, every now and then cotton wool dipped in melted candle wax, also the wax of cheese works well be it baby bell, Edam, or Wensleydale.

Have on occasions used the old lip-salve that kicks about in my rucksack...

Now that one I am going to try! My kids have those all the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE