What are you going to do in 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Main aim is to reduce the weight of what I carry. I've now done all I can with the kit: it weighs 12 kilograms with 2 days food. Co-incidentally this is exactly the amount I am over weight. If I lose this by spring, it will be like climbing with a pack that weighs nothing! I hope.

Seems from the above posts, my need to lose weight is a common desire. I used to kid myself that some extra weight would come in handy in a survival situation and watched Uncle Ray's extra food supply for support. It now seems that my extra weight has put me in a survival situation. I might have had my three score years and ten, but there's plenty more I want to do before I limit myself to sitting at the computer and looking everyone else's trip reports.

Maybe we should start a Bushie weight watchers group!

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Grow more vegetables, and if this year turns out to be as wet as the last one, that is going to be challenge enough.

Will Bowden

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2009
Exmoor
www.MuddyRedLandRover.co.uk
Its my first year with a garden for a long time so growing stuff is high on the list as is just generally not being indoors of an evening.

My youngest son (nearly 12) is enjoying making stuff with wood at the moment so have plans for making some rustic garden furniture between us. The timber pile is slowly growing for that. I'd love to knock up a pole lathe but it may be a bit beyond us this year.

Will :)

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I have a bowmaking course booked with john Ryder in May.looking forward to that.apart from that is to get out and meet more of you guys.oh and not let work stress me out as much.

sent from the back of beyond

Shovel

Forager
Jul 12, 2012
Wherever I choose to live.
Go lighter, build a shelter in my backyard and sleep in it, finish a knifemaking project, smith some more get at least three more adirondack high peaks, and be a better person and student.

Jan 18, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hello to everyone at Bushcraftuk

I have just joined your site and hopefully will learn many things from everyone here. I have just received my hammock and tarp, with all the other bits \i have picked up and borrowed along the way. I wish to make very good use of them all. I would like to get back to nature and how we use to live all those years ago... I think it will be fun aswel as a fantastic learning curve for me.. I am just waiting for this weather to break a bit and I will be off.. Don't know where yet.
As long as I am able to get there by cycle, or foot, I would like to see it. Take care everyone, and maybe will get to talk to some of you...
Tony..

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
hoping to finish making our new tent, planning to run a marathon in May so getting the km in just now. Tidy the shed....

red devil

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
South of Glasgow
I'm a fly fisherman so this year my aim is to fish more wild rivers and mountain lochs rather than stillwater fisheries.
Last year I got really interested in mycology, so I'll be out in the woods and hills looking for more interesting fungi to add to my nature logbook, plus I want to make better use of my new macro DSLR lens by taking lots of wildflower and insect photos.
One particular target is to capture some shots of the otter family I'm told lives on the White Cart Water just a few miles from my house.
Oh, and pretty much every room in the house needs redecorating :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Well my wife and kids have urged me to get driving lessons so im now on my 4th, and will hopefully be a bit more independent a bit later this year.

I will be arranging the 2 North East Scotland meets for April and September (Anybody who wants to come along is more than welcome) and hopefully I will get a few little get together under my belt.

Just booked a place on a first aid course so I am looking forward to that.

The main thing I want to do this year bushcraft wise is get back to basics and improve on everything I have learned in the 4 years I have been a member here and get my kids learning at the same time.

Atb

Craig

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
For the next month i'm going to be looking forward to my birthday and then i'm going to spend the next ten months moaning that i've turned 50. Oh and im going to be doing alot of solo one nighters around the Peak District, make a bow and a flute and carve lots more sticks.

Last edited:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
- Volunteer for my county's countryside rangers.
- Take a three day trip to the Highlands. (I live near Edinburgh) (Around Ben Nevis, Glen Coe, Cairngorms' Abernethy forest and Highland Wildlife park, among others)
- Perhaps go on holiday in the summer.
- Perhaps apply for a rural woodland skills college course in September.

Dobloz

Jan 18, 2013
Manchester, UK
learn to 'knap' (?) in the afternoon more...

'run' up less bills and more hills!

take less offense and more pictures :-O

give more time and less 'advice'

probably more stuff with the result that some stuff doesn't get done.... :lmao:

austin

it took me a month to post this!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE