Mountain Men

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Anyone seen this on the History channel?

It looked promising but is a bit pants! Typical over dramatisation and staged events. I'll check stick with it but may shout at the TV occasionally.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I watched last night and must agree with the concensus that it seems a bit staged (scripted) if you like and the events that went wrong were planned that way just for the tv and us folk at home. It did have great scenery and I liked the old guy he seemed a genuine sort of bloke.

However Yukon men was much better and far more enjoyable.

There is some good stuff on Discovery and History channels at the moment but alas it is balanced out a bit by the not so good stuff.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
To be honest I found Yukon men much the same, pretty much scripted, certainly 'staged'... I still watched it though :(

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
I thought much the same as you guys, 👎👎
After every advert it replays what you've just watched,
In an hours episode there must be 11 minutes of stuff to watch, over dramatised as well.
Poor,

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
I am agreeing with most of the sentiments here. Both Mountain Men and Yukon Men are not what I hoped but better than nothing! Worth watching for the scenery if nothing else.
Russ

I thought much the same as you guys, 
After every advert it replays what you've just watched,
In an hours episode there must be 11 minutes of stuff to watch, over dramatised as well.
Poor,

Unfortunately seems that way with a lot of the shows on the likes of Discovery, Nat Geo and History Channel. It's like they're expecting us to have forgotten what happened before the adverts started about 20 minutes previous (cos I reckon that's about the average ad break length on these channels).I think you could get the gist of a whole show just by watching the bits before and after a break.
Anyway, back to the point. I enjoy the show as a bit of light entertainment with some pritty good facts and some stunning scenery thrown in, but it all has to be scripted to get the right balance.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Aye no as good as i thought ,I,m a bit peeved off with sky altogether in those hour programme,s you are lucky if you get a half hour viewing with the breaks and then they reiterate about a minute or so from where you saw it before the add.Sick of I climb, I am climber WALKERS DEEP RIDGE CRISPS:red::red:,Two in every blinking add ........................

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
It's a lot of nonsense but there's some nice scenery! Lost all credibility when it had the bit where one "mountain man" was getting someone else to sight in his rifle for him and then blamed that person for an ammunition misfire.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
It's a lot of nonsense but there's some nice scenery! Lost all credibility when it had the bit where one "mountain man" was getting someone else to sight in his rifle for him and then blamed that person for an ammunition misfire.
I thought that as well and it was not the same rifle either !!!

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland

That was really annoying, the lad only had a few bullets as well, he got a 2" group high left which would still have put the shot in the engine room of the buck.

I did enjoy the Ben Fogle year of adventures though.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've always enjoyed the programmes by Benedict Allen

[video=youtube;CgWVyJhl2F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgWVyJhl2F0[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE