VW Scirocco 2008 > Thule roof bars + cheaper set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A new company car means it's time to sell my old roof bars again, these are for the new shape VW Scirocco which came out in 2008 I think, mine was a Jan 2010 and Thule didn't release theirs until September.

So I've got two sets of bars to sell, one cheapo set I bought for £60 which are a bit clumpy looking but work fine. The second set are proper Thule Aero bars and feet which I had to wait six months for them to be developed and released.

Thule set consists of 862 Aluminuim Aero load bars, 754 Rapid foot system and 1631 fitting kit. Used once a month for canoe trips up to Scotland so a good coating of midges come free :)

Link to Thule specs

Link to cheapo set

Cheapo set ..
DSC01791.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

Thule set £85 boxed up, I'll get a price for postage but pick up preffered
Chepao set £25 in any box I can find, same again for postage or pickup

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Eewww. Had the hatch, was built like a tank and had all the toys but dull as owt.
Must say though the tourer looks quite good.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Ah never mind, not sure I could have insured it anyway! Avensis sounds a bit sensible for you Shewie?! VW Golf Gti--> VW Scirocco --> Toyota Avensis? A nice car all the same!

Lbroadbent18

Apr 18, 2014
Lincolnshire
A new company car means it's time to sell my old roof bars again, these are for the new shape VW Scirocco which came out in 2008 I think, mine was a Jan 2010 and Thule didn't release theirs until September.

So I've got two sets of bars to sell, one cheapo set I bought for £60 which are a bit clumpy looking but work fine. The second set are proper Thule Aero bars and feet which I had to wait six months for them to be developed and released.

Thule set consists of 862 Aluminuim Aero load bars, 754 Rapid foot system and 1631 fitting kit. Used once a month for canoe trips up to Scotland so a good coating of midges come free :)

Link to Thule specs

Link to cheapo set

Cheapo set ..
DSC01791.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

Thule set £85 boxed up, I'll get a price for postage but pick up preffered
Chepao set £25 in any box I can find, same again for postage or pickup

Are these still available?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE