Problem with skinning pigeons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rustix

Jan 26, 2013
northumberland
Hmm,never seen this before,going to make my life a lot simpler if I can master that technique?,....Pidgeons well I just cut the breasts off and discard the rest!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
You need to use a steady pull rather than overall strength, easy done on a Pigeon, but why bother, just crown it

[video=youtube;xhccWkBLi5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhccWkBLi5c[/video]

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Been doing both the pigeon and pheasant ones for a few years. Never have many pheasants, so don't do it as often, but the pigeon one is a regular. :)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
The pigeon one is hard on the thumbs after a few birds though works very well
You can breast a bird like that in less than 10 secs if you don't cut the wings off
Really handy if you've been out and have a pile of them to do!

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
One thing they all seem to forget to mention is "fresh" and even better warm is best.
Also it its brassers outside it soon makes the above difficult and messy.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
just whip the feathers off ,it doesnt take long and put them in a slow cooker 4 full birds and lots of veg ,season then add a bottle of red and leave all day or you could do it in a dutch oven ,atb wayne

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
The pigeon one is hard on the thumbs after a few birds though works very well
You can breast a bird like that in less than 10 secs if you don't cut the wings off
Really handy if you've been out and have a pile of them to do!

Tell me about it, I had to do 49 of them a couple of years ago and my thumbs are still hurting OUCH

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE