Bergans Morgedal Backcountry Anorak- Opinions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

Tweed Man

Afternoon gents, im considering purchasing one of theese, has anyone used one and how well do they perform?
Many thanks

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I have the Bergans Nordmarka Anorak which looks like the same material - Its similar but the Mordmarka doesn't have handwarmer pockets - about the only thing i dont like about it - If I were to do it again I'd get the Morgedal...

oslodunc

Jul 23, 2010
Lillesand, NO
What he said ^^ I too have a nordmarka but would´ve rather had a morgedal due to pockets and tightning in the middle.
And yes they are of the same material.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
What he said ^^ I too have a nordmarka but would´ve rather had a morgedal due to pockets and tightning in the middle.
And yes they are of the same material.

if i could figure out where to get some of the material i'd add the pocket myself....

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
if i could figure out where to get some of the material i'd add the pocket myself....

If the map pocket lining is the same stuff as the shell, you could use that for the handwarmer pocket facings and welts then use a piece of similar fabric for the combined map pocket and handwarmer pocket linings. I'm guessing that 'Epic' is Bergans' Ventile-alike so perhaps a piece of Ventile would do for the pocket linings.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
unfortunately the map pocket facing is different material -

Epic doesn't feel like Ventile when it gets wet?

Hrafnmann

Jan 19, 2013
BC
the review will most likely be after the weekend fella

Excellent. I look forward to it.

How generous a fit is it? Does one have to size up if you are going to use it in winter over base and insulation layers?

And what sort of length is it from neck seam to bottom hem?

Thanks.

Last edited:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Taken from the "Tamarack Recommended" section of their website

Bergans Morgedal Anorak
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/PBSCCatalog.asp?ItmID=9157054
Made of 100% Epic Cotton, adjustable hood, large chest pocket, Kangaroo pocket, elasticated waist and hem.

" Mike say’s"

Put it this way, after a long time wearing Ventile clothing and having a Bergans Morgedal for over 4 month’s, all my Ventile clothing is now hanging on the second hand rail in the shop with a swing ticket hanging off it. I love the Morgedal, it’s light, everything is in the right place, it’s windproof and takes a good shower ( the material works the same as Ventile ), when wet it dries quickly, it breathes better than Ventile and cost’s less. Not so keen on the badges but these can be cut off at some stage, not affecting the fabric. Bergans also produce Epic Cotton trousers, that I am busting to have a go at.
GREAT STUFF, WELL MADE.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Epic is a Schoeller farbric IIRC. I believe articulated elbows are where it is folded over and sewn around the edges so when left to drape, the arms will naturally bend. Like the knee in this trouser:

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Ski_Touring/Gamma-Guide-Pant

I used to have Epic trousers from Howies but they were so damn noisy they drove me up the wall. This looks really nice.

T

Tweed Man

Just wearing it on a short walk today, the fit and cut is very very god

T

Tweed Man

So, verdict? How did the anorak fare this past weekend? Sounds like you lot over there have been having some miserable weather....perfect for testing clothing. ;)
It was very very good mate, a review is gonna be put up soon :D

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
Nordmarka is polycotton - Morgedal EPIC.

I have a Nordmarka and like it much - very serviceable, well cut, excellent hood - works well in my layers system and for my purpose - nothing really outstanding in it, just good all around.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
bit an update if anyones interested. After a bit of delibaration I decided to trade in my Nordmarka for a Morgedal. I'm chuffed to bits I did, warmer, better cut and the pockets were definatl what was missing, its shuch a better bit of kit and well worth the extra price.

EPIC is really impressing me got caught in a very heavy downpour yesterday and you'd never have known it - I was completly warm and dry under it and it seemed to keep me at a constant temp even with activity

definatly a keeper, now just need to upgrade my trousers, I love my winter craghoppers but they were a soggy mess within minutes...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE