New Finnish Nature Documentary

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Metsän tarina ["The Story of the Forest"] is currently running in various Finnish theaters and will be available on DVD within few months. This is the first Finnish nature film production for theaters that I am aware of as all previous documentaries have been shot for the Finnish television. I have yet to see the film but the trailer reminds me of some of the production by BBC. The documentary was shot in Eastern Finland and it illustrates the story of a Finnish forest during different seasons in the boreal zone. - TRAILER -

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
The international name of the film is The Tale of a Forest. Considering that it has an international name and its soundtrack is on sale at Amazon.com, I would be very surprised if it would not be produced in English later on. There's a backstory narration in the film which will most likely be dubbed in English rather than merely subtitling the whole documentary. This is due to the fact that the audience is both the adults and the children. - TRAILER 2 -

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The beauty of a programme like that is you really don't need it in English, just watch and chill out, it will still be stunning.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Looks like a stunning film. Reminds my of a college trip I went on there, 3 weeks wandering around the forest and lakes

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
The DVD and BD versions of the film can be now pre-ordered (not delivered until 23 October 2013) from several Finnish web stores (e.g. NetAnttila), although I am not sure if they deliver to the UK. The discs have both the original Finnish track, but also an English one. Subtitles are available also both in Finnish and English.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
The same director who brought us The Tale of The Forest, is now filming a new documentary called Järven tarina ("Tale of a Lake"). The premiere is in December 2015.

[video=youtube;D79TCD3TmN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D79TCD3TmN4[/video]

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Has anyone managed to see or find a copy of The Tale of The Forest?
I did a quick Google and Amazon search, and came up with only the soundtrack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE