Pillows

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Afternoon alll, I am fed up with using my jumper for a pillow as it dont stay put, so what do people use and recomend, I seem to remember thermarest used to do one.

Cheers

Chris

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Chris,

You thought about using a soft stuff-sack as a pillow case (some companies make them specially). http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/thermarest_stuff_sack_pillow.html This'll keep your jumper and whatever else you pop in it in place and it'll save carrying extra kit. Plus the stuff sacks doing two jobs so saving weight. Or you could tie up a shemagh into a bundle with clothing in there if you use one.

Personally I find packable pillows do just that - pack down under pressure rather than give support and inflatables Hmmm just don't like them.

Cheers and good luck in your quest,
Goatboy.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I use an inflatable pillow I picked up in Tescos a couple of years ago, works fine for me. I have used the foil inner of an empty wine box in the past too.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
My softie in its stuff sack is usually good enough. If its too "stuffed" i let some of the jacket out the stuff sack to flatten it a little.

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
In my hammock i use a fleece pillow cover from Kepis of this parish and stuff it with an insulated jacket or whatever is soft and warm to hand - very comfy!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
A spare pillowcase works to hold everything in place, but personally I use a neck pillow, one of those car travel things, because it works for me.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I've tried dozens but for car camping/hotels etc I have a travel Tempur pillow thing and for light weight camping I've just used a down travel pillow- the best yet!

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I too use a Kepis pillow case!
First thing i make sure i have for an overnighter!!
Try sending him a pm, see if he still has any!!!

RM

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
These are brilliant, fulfils two roles well. Or you could take Mr. Sears advice and take a pillow case and fill it with soft things of your choice :).

dsc_0990_web_size_1_.png

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/klymit_cush_seat_pillow.html

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Ive been arguing with SWMBO for 50 years about this. She insists on a proper pillow which has no other function and takes up space and weight in her pack. I have a down waistcoat in a stuff sack. Hers and mine look the same, weigh the same and take up the same space. The difference is that I've got something warm to wear when the temperature drops unexpectedly, eg -5 in August in the Pyrenees or -2 in Derbyshire one Easter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE