The big one!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
So many people; I have Alerted social services in Newton Armpit
Adam and Steve M looking forward to catching up with you pair in particular
Did Rich tell you we are off to Sweden ? for our honeymoon

Nice one Ivan You may be a useless grey haired waster(some say) but you can sure throw a party in Andy Bruce's woods
I have a new body adornment to show you all
Don't get too excited it merely enhances my woods tramp look

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
ooh archery and airifle sounds positivley American, will bring what I have does that include semi automatics flash granades and a few afgahns for target practice...?
looking forward to catching up guys and gals

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Cool :)

Slingshot/s packed, carving set packed (could do with a few lessons) and various axes packed. Could we save a tree for some felling 'old skool' pretty please!

One more request Ivan, whats the chances of a Hangi pit or (possibly something raised).

With the numbers, its going to take around 12lb pork (possibly more) to do your Cuban.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
It's real American then! No wait a second,......It's say's "Hangi" not "hanging". Never mind eh.

Mongoose, Rebecca watched the video from last years gathering and can't wait to come along and meet you girls.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Al - In that wood just 2 inches and you're into bedrock. Even digging a 'convenience hole' is not easy. All mine were where Andy Bruce now sets up his 'home'.
Mongoose - Gonna miss you hun. But you're gonna meet some great young folk and some good old ones too.
Steve - Rumour has it that Adam has! No personal experience.

:D

It's all going on, isn't it?

As far as cooking, Ivan and I both have 4.5L dutch ovens, and I've also got a nice new 10.8L too, with a reversible lid that can be used as a griddle, so we should be ok for eating.

For group shelter, if Rick wants his chute back nice and safe, I have a couple I can bring along. We can either set them up individually, or make a double skin shelter. That should give Ivan chance to get Rick's back from the pawn shop, and pack it up safely for him :p

Will bring the steel tripod and probably a gypsy pot hanger too. Anything else that needs bringing, let me know, and I'll see if I can get it sorted.

Ivan, will bring your knife and sheath with me, as well as Andy's (which has been sat here staring at me for several months), and if Badger is coming, I'll bring his down too.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
A few photos and stunning views of where the Big One will be held, for those of you that have not been there before.

022.jpg

023.jpg

Sept Oct 2012 025.jpg

Dec&Jan2013woods 022.jpg

Attachments

• Dec&Jan2013woods 001.jpg
    Dec&Jan2013woods 001.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 21

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
ROFL
That third pic down will set the ladies hearts a flutter I fear; best the model remains anonymous

Actually if its when I think it was taken; nobody will guess whats going on Phew

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
No worries, what goes on in the woods, stays in the woods. I have already received emails and pm's wanting to know who the model is, even cash offers, but your secret is safe with me.

You know me and tech, most of the pics i want to post, are too big!

Look forward to hearing your aspect on life again, and brushing up on my fake highland accent.

Bubbling up to be a real good un.

Ivan...

I'd be happy to do some plant ID.

I'm really looking forward to some sling shot action. If someone will bring some rubbers, I hope to carve on on the weekend. I'll happily pay for them, of course :)

Can we play the nail game ... please :)

Last edited:

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
It better had do Elen! Or a certain gentleman, with local connections and a wish to bury me in the hangi pit after stealing all my clothes, will be singing soprano when you finally get to meet him.

BTW: If transport is an issue for you I may be able to help as I come down from 'oop norf', a trip down the Wye valley is a slight detour, but always a pleasure.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It better had do Elen! Or a certain gentleman, with local connections and a wish to bury me in the hangi pit after stealing all my clothes, will be singing soprano when you finally get to meet him.

BTW: If transport is an issue for you I may be able to help as I come down from 'oop norf', a trip down the Wye valley is a slight detour, but always a pleasure.

Just PM'd you, that's very kind of you :). Be grand to have a lift.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Can i also put my name down for this? It has been a while since i have been aloud out... in fact the last time was Ivan's very first meet!
I will have to get permission from the other half first of course.

J

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Jay, Blimey! has been a while mate, be great to see you again hope you can make it, if you are planning your legendary chilli breakfast, it's no hassle to carry your Ronnie Sunshines box of goodies in, as it is a short level walk in to the wood.

Atb

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE