Vango force 10 cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I've got Mk3 and Mk5's but am after a Mk4 if anyone wants to sell or trade me one.

I have a F10 262 Microweight, but A poles not the uber lightweight single vertical, that I bought when at school and used for DofE etc, never seen another and the groundsheet is no longer reliably waterproof so I replaced it with a Wild Country but even that has not lasted like the F10. If you were after a collectors item Rik ....

keithg

Jun 27, 2007
Aldridge, West Midlands
Ok, I went for a couple of these and they arrived today. Firstly, mine were not Vango Force tens, but what I would call 'clones'. They are in the same style, but if you were going to try to mix and match with a true Vango, there might be differences. On one of the tents, the apex clips were metal, rather than the usual plastic which meant that the legs were slightly different size to the one with the plastic apex. Neither of my inner tents were cotton - they were nylon.
Having said that, the tents were in good nick - all the bits were there (Ok, if you're being picky, I haven't counted the pegs yet!), and everything was in good condition - no bent pegs, all guylines in good condition, no mould, no rips, all pegging rubbers sound, all zips working, even the mesh at the top of the inner door is not ripped. One inner has had the groundsheet repaired, but it's been well done.
I wanted them for a Scout Group - our money is tight, so they will be fine for us. If you are ordering one, just be clear what you are getting, but I must admit, where else are you going to get a fully working tent for £40 (OK, £50 now!)

keithg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Wo wo wo! You're joking me? He's selling them as vango force tens and they're not?! You can't do that! The mind boggles sometimes. Ill bet you anything he thought they were the genuine article. I'll be sending mine back if they are not vango force tens.

Neither of my inner tents were cotton - they were nylon.

Are you sure they are clones Keith? I seem to recall that the newer inner tents for the Vango Force Tens were made from nylon?

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Wo wo wo! You're joking me? He's selling them as vango force tens and they're not?! You can't do that! The mind boggles sometimes. Ill bet you anything he thought they were the genuine article. I'll be sending mine back if they are not vango force tens.
Are you sure they are clones Keith?

Look at what you have first, the guy line mod on the side is a bonus.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
If its not a [h=1]VANGO FORCE 10 TENT - CLASSIC STANDARD -[/h] as advertised, he'll be paying for the return postage and getting awful feedback. Im sure you could pick up any number of cheap used clones for £50.

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
They aren't force 10s, Label on the outer says so, I've just packed it up again to weigh it on the Turkey scale (7kg). The outer paper tag says "Medina" and I remember that from the tent label.

My report is pretty much identical to keith's the only niggle is two of the poles are too big to fit neatly in to the plastic joint at the top.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
They aren't force 10s, Label on the outer says so, I've just packed it up again to weigh it on the Turkey scale (7kg). The outer paper tag says "Medina" and I remember that from the tent label.

My report is pretty much identical to keith's the only niggle is two of the poles are too big to fit neatly in to the plastic joint at the top.

They'll be conquest medinas then, older than force 10's, still a quality tent if I remember correctly.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside

Conquest Medina not Vango then.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Never heard of Medina Tents. Cant find anything online about them either.

The only mention I can find on the net.

The basic sloping ridge is still the first choice for many beginners. Good weather-beating characteristics when pitched tail into the prevailing wind. Straightforward to erect, too.  The standard ridge has a horizontal ridge with either single uprights or "A" frames at each end, and perhaps a ridge pole. Not such efficient usage of space for weight, but Vango's Force 10 and the Conquest range show there's still plenty of life in the traditional designs.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The only mention I can find on the net.

The basic sloping ridge is still the first choice for many beginners. Good weather-beating characteristics when pitched tail into the prevailing wind. Straightforward to erect, too. The standard ridge has a horizontal ridge with either single uprights or "A" frames at each end, and perhaps a ridge pole. Not such efficient usage of space for weight, but Vango's Force 10 and the Conquest range show there's still plenty of life in the traditional designs.

Bit more here http://ukpaddlesports.freeforums.org/show-us-your-tents-t751.html

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sent them an Email last night, highlighting their mistake.

They responded this morning, claiming it was a genuine mistake on their part, and offered a tenner refund.

So If you want a tenner refunded fellas, just drop them an email.

i completely apologise for our mistake, i have checked our entire stock of these and you are correct they are a conquest medina tent. we never would have listed these as vango had we realised at the time and we will amend the listing straight away. we would like to resolve this situation and would like to offer two options, you can of course return these to us and we will issue you with a full refund including return postage, or if you are happy to still keep the tent we can offer a partial refund of £10.00 on each tent purchased. please let me know how you would like to proceed, again our apologies for the mistake and any inconvenience it has caused you.

kind regards

- britishmilitarysurplus

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Sent them an Email last night, highlighting their mistake.

They responded this morning, claiming it was a genuine mistake on their part, and offered a tenner refund.

So If you want a tenner refunded fellas, just drop them an email.

So did I suggesting that they amend the listing.

keithg

Jun 27, 2007
Aldridge, West Midlands
Like others have said here, the tents I have are Conquest Medina's. The inner tents are definitely different to Vango's - nylon material in a beige colour with brown groundsheet (whereas I would expect a F10 classic to be orange cotton material with green or blue groundsheet, or black on the modern ones).

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Like others have said here, the tents I have are Conquest Medina's. The inner tents are definitely different to Vango's - nylon material in a beige colour with brown groundsheet (whereas I would expect a F10 classic to be orange cotton material with green or blue groundsheet, or black on the modern ones).

I got mine, scrubbed both sides of the groundsheet/inner with bleach and fairy.
Then put both the outer and the inner through the washing machine on the hottest setting.
Nikwax Techwash, and Nikwax cotton proofed the outer.
Its come out ok. Zips all working, and all the bits seem to be here.

After all that Im quite pleased with my purchase!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE