North Ridge Pinnacle 4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi All.

Does anyone here own / use a North Ridge Pinnacle 4 sleeping bag from Go Outdoors?

I bought one yesterday, and on first inspection it looks fairly good .... especially for 50 quid.

It is a bit bulky tho, at 2.3 kilos and pack size of 45 x 26. But generally in the winter I only have a short walk to camp.

Just wondered if anyone has any opinions on this bag at all??

Cheers

Luke

Update on my North Ridge Pinnacle 4 sleeping bag:
Thought I would test it out in my garden last night (bit of a safety net in case it was terrible).
The temp at 9pm was 3 degrees C when I set up my tarp with a camp bed underneath. On top of the camp bed I had a closed cell mat with my Gelert Xtreme Light 3/4.
By the time I retired at 10:30, the temp was 1 degree C.
I had my cotton liner in the bag, and was wearing a thermal base layer over shorts.
Less than half an hour after getting in my bag, the base layer was off 'cos I was sweltering. So I snuggled down in just my shorts ......... and the next thing I saw was dawn.
It was -2 degrees C when I awoke to the dawn chorus, with a layer of ice on my tarp, but I was still warm & toasty.
So, if you are bushcrafting on a budget (or a tight a**e like me), I would thoroughly recommend spending 50 quid on the Pinnacle 4 from Go Outdoors.
I must admit, I did have reservations about this bag due to the price tag (hence thermal layer and testing it in by garden) but I was pleasantly surprised by the performance.
The bag itself is well designed and manufactured. I like the idea of having a velcro'd pouch area in the hood to keep your pillow, or even a folded up jumper in place. There's an , almost tubular baffle that goes around the neck and all the way down the length of the zip. The hood and neck are cinched in with a single cord, which is an idea I liked. There is also extra fill in the foot area, and in the hood.
I have no connection with Go Outdoors ... etc.

All in all, a fantastic bit of kit.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE