Nobody inspired by Uncle Ray's latest kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
If you want to go for odd names:

If it wasnt for me a Girl I went to school with would have called her daughter Chlamydia, she thought it was a posh name for a rose... I had to show her a on-line medical dictionary before she believed me.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I'm still convinced that given my surname (Thomas) I missed a peach of a chance when I let SWMBO talk me out of
calling my son John. :rolleyes:
Is this thread derailed yet?
Simon

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I'm still convinced that given my surname (Thomas) I missed a peach of a chance when I let SWMBO talk me out of
calling my son John. :rolleyes:
Is this thread derailed yet?
Simon

Well Family joke is my sister has the ultimate hand me down, if I was born a girl I would have been called Stephanie I was born a boy and ended up with Christopher Charles Chadwick (ChChCh) she got Stephanie what I would have had if I was a girl. Lucky for her though she Could have been called Sebastian Garrick Frederic Chadwick. I would still have that than ChChCh or as my mum an dad like to put it chachacha.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
If you want to go for odd names:

If it wasnt for me a Girl I went to school with would have called her daughter Chlamydia, she thought it was a posh name for a rose... I had to show her a on-line medical dictionary before she believed me.

I remember a friend saying if he did this he'd just have to clap outside the house at dinner time.

I knew a Charlotte Hunt...

Back on thread, he was wearing some approach shoes I liked at one point - probably Harkila. That leather rucksack looked like the ones you get on a Saturday market for teenager girls who wear Naff Naff or Benetton.

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
I was on a flight off to the sun and one of the stewards had his name badge on and it was 'Richard Straddling', much to the amusement of everyone on board. Another great reason for deedpol! Mind you, there was a girl called 'Deborah Balls' at school and she was gorgeous. No one ever took the mick but she still changed her surname by deedpol to 'Bailey'.

Ed

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Had a high school mechanics teacher by the name of John Dick, he always joked about his brother Harry...nowt wrong with Dickies, I'm wearing the trousers right now, great value for money. In north America they were associated with working class folk so some despised them and others wore them with pride...

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Had a kid at school called Crispen Dry. And a copper in our village called A. (think it was Andrew, but for some reason no one remembered!) Sole. No joke, its true!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My physics teacher was Richard Bird AKA Dickie

A woman gave birth in the last hospital I worked in, a Mrs Pipe and she called her new son Dywane.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
My wife had a friend at called Cathy Sex who, in turn, had a younger brother called Nicholas Sex. Makes sense really - it's a bit difficult otherwise.

My wife tried very hard to get Cathy involved with a bloke called David Sessions in the hope of a great double-barrelled name; Cathy's brother managed to glide through life without too much trouble except for one occasion when on a train. The guard asked him for his student rail card, looked at it and said, "I've been waiting all my working life for you!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE