This is doing my head in

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Ok phil, is it to do with the guy on the far left who gets a scalping in 13 mode?

Ignore bodies but look at the height change between the 12 and 13 ~ look at the white vest cut in two, coincidence or could it be seen as two half vests? The top half certainly drops onto a pair of black shorts ;) . What happened to the shorts they ended up on?

If you have a print off of both pics try to focus on one of the 12 at a time and mark where it moves to in the 13 pic

If you print the pics off don't cut them up, instead draw the cut lines into the pics :D

Ash Blue

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2007
Manchester
SPOILER ALERT BELOW:

I wouldn't waste my time working it out, because it's very complex. It involves each person being an extra 1/12 of a person. These slightly shift compared to the opposite side. So after switching sides, all combined has shifted to create the 1/12 of each person into a full new one. Damn it it's even hard to explain..

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
SPOILER ALERT BELOW:

I wouldn't waste my time working it out, because it's very complex. It involves each person being an extra 1/12 of a person. These slightly shift compared to the opposite side. So after switching sides, all combined has shifted to create the 1/12 of each person into a full new one. Damn it it's even hard to explain..

I'm going to try your theory later with empty cans!

Craig.....

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
This is a good example of why I don't like puzzles - if I can solve then then they must be easy (and boring) and if I can't, then I just give up (as in this case!!):)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Ok, it's so easy, I sorted it for you.....:rolleyes:

[FONT=&amp]AN EXPLANATION OF rxtraman.gif [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I did not create this GIF, nor do I know who the creator is - if the author should happen to see this, or someone knows who the creator is, please send me an email so I can give proper credit - one clue to the originator is is that the filename is 'rxtraman.gif' - the other is an internal file comment "Built with GIF Movie Gear 2.6" [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This is a very clever puzzle and it took me a while to figure it out - and even longer to explain it - [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]First the puzzle - this is an animated gif[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
main_i000003.gif
[/FONT]​
If you don't see motion in your browser
[FONT=&amp]Try saving a local copy to your hard drive and open that copy[/FONT] [FONT=&amp]Right click the image and select "Save Picture As...[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Make sure your firewall isn't blocking PopUps or that you aren't running any PopUp blocking software[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]If you are running Zone Alarm, check that Ad Blocking is off[/FONT] [FONT=&amp]Click privacy [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Click Main [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Set Ad Blocking slider to off [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]rxtraman.gif - Animated[/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]Count the people - after it moves, count them again - it shifts between 12 and 13 - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
main_i000004.gif
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]
main_i000006.gif
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]Twelve person picture [/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]Thirteen person picture [/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]Where did the extra person come from? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
main_i000007.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]This is the 12 person picture with 13 numbered positions [/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]For ease of discussion. let's say all the people are 65 inches tall and share equally, that is they each give up 5 inches of their height [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In English, 60 inches of person 2 is moved into position 1 - that leaves 5 inches of person 2 in position 2 (the bottom part of their shoes) - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]55 inches of person 3 is moved to position 2, which combined with 5 inches of person 2 places a 60 inch person in position 2 and leaves 10 inches of person 3 in position 3 (the bottom part of thier shoes also) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]50 inches of person 4 is moved to position 3, which combined with 10 inches of person 3 places another 60 inch person in position 3 and leaves 15 inches of person 4 in position 4 (their entire shoes) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]45 inches of person 5 is moved to position 4, which combined with 15 inches of person 4 places another 60 inch person in position 4 and leaves 20 inches of person 5 in position 5 (their shoes and part of their legs) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Etcetera [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]5 inches of person 13 is moved to position 12, which combined with 55 inches of person 12 places another 60 inch person in position 12 and leaves a 60 inch person in position 13 (everything remains except a tuft of hair) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The table details all the moves [/FONT]

Position Plus Position Remainder
1 60 inches of person 2 2 5 inches of person 2
2 55 inches of person 3 5 inches of person 2 3 10 inches of person 3
3 50 inches of person 4 10 inches of person 3 4 15 inches of person 4
4 45 inches of person 5 15 inches of person 4 5 20 inches of person 5
5 40 inches of person 6 20 inches of person 5 6 25 inches of person 6
6 35 inches of person 7 25 inches of person 6 7 30 inches of person 7
7 30 inches of person 8 30 inches of person 7 8 35 inches of person 8
8 25 inches of person 9 35 inches of person 8 9 40 inches of person 9
9 20 inches of person 10 40 inches of person 9 10 45 inches of person 10
10 15 inches of person 11 45 inches of person 10 11 50 inches of person 11
11 10 inches of person 12 50 inches of person 11 12 55 inches of person 12
12 5 inches of person 13 55 inches of person 12 13 60 inches of person 13
13 60 inches of person 13

main_i00000b.gif
[FONT=&amp]One of the cleverest substitutions is the number 10 position (2nd from the right) - this position 'gives up' almost the entire head, a few chin pixels remain - when the partial light blue head from position 11 moves over the previous chin pixels become the nose and the open neck of the t-shirt form the rest of the head -[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Explanation GIF - Animated[/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]Said another way, there are 12 - 65 inch people or 780 inches of people - after the switch, there are 13 - 60 inch people or 780 inches of people - in this case all were not the same height to start and all did not become shorter by the same amount - however, all the people are shorter in the 13 person picture - many are quite noticably shorter in the explanation gif as it 'flips' [/FONT]

main_i00000c.gif
[FONT=&amp]Substitution Order GIF - Animated [/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]My PSP techniques aren't that good, but I've tried to retain the original figures as best I could and arranged them in substition order - this animation just slides the top half of the graphic over to the right and back again - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hopefully I've done it good enough that you can see, for example, how the magenta person in position 6 becomes a shorter magenta and blue person here and in the explanation gif above - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In the description I assumed they were all 65 inches high and gave up the same amount, 5 inches - here you can also see that the actual amount 'given up' varies - position 2 and 3 leave behind just a bit of their shoes - position 5 leaves behind most of the legs and below - position 6 leaves behind most of the shorts and below - and so on - position 13 leaves it all behind except a tuft of hair - [/FONT]

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ok, it's so easy, I sorted it for you.....:rolleyes:

[FONT=&amp]AN EXPLANATION OF rxtraman.gif [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I did not create this GIF, nor do I know who the creator is - if the author should happen to see this, or someone knows who the creator is, please send me an email so I can give proper credit - one clue to the originator is is that the filename is 'rxtraman.gif' - the other is an internal file comment "Built with GIF Movie Gear 2.6" [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This is a very clever puzzle and it took me a while to figure it out - and even longer to explain it - [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]First the puzzle - this is an animated gif[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
main_i000003.gif
[/FONT]​
If you don't see motion in your browser
[FONT=&amp]Try saving a local copy to your hard drive and open that copy[/FONT] [FONT=&amp]Right click the image and select "Save Picture As...[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Make sure your firewall isn't blocking PopUps or that you aren't running any PopUp blocking software[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]If you are running Zone Alarm, check that Ad Blocking is off[/FONT] [FONT=&amp]Click privacy [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Click Main [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Set Ad Blocking slider to off [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]rxtraman.gif - Animated[/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]Count the people - after it moves, count them again - it shifts between 12 and 13 - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
main_i000004.gif
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]
main_i000006.gif
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]Twelve person picture [/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]Thirteen person picture [/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]Where did the extra person come from? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
main_i000007.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]This is the 12 person picture with 13 numbered positions [/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]For ease of discussion. let's say all the people are 65 inches tall and share equally, that is they each give up 5 inches of their height [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In English, 60 inches of person 2 is moved into position 1 - that leaves 5 inches of person 2 in position 2 (the bottom part of their shoes) - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]55 inches of person 3 is moved to position 2, which combined with 5 inches of person 2 places a 60 inch person in position 2 and leaves 10 inches of person 3 in position 3 (the bottom part of thier shoes also) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]50 inches of person 4 is moved to position 3, which combined with 10 inches of person 3 places another 60 inch person in position 3 and leaves 15 inches of person 4 in position 4 (their entire shoes) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]45 inches of person 5 is moved to position 4, which combined with 15 inches of person 4 places another 60 inch person in position 4 and leaves 20 inches of person 5 in position 5 (their shoes and part of their legs) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Etcetera [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]5 inches of person 13 is moved to position 12, which combined with 55 inches of person 12 places another 60 inch person in position 12 and leaves a 60 inch person in position 13 (everything remains except a tuft of hair) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The table details all the moves [/FONT]

Position Plus Position Remainder
1 60 inches of person 2 2 5 inches of person 2
2 55 inches of person 3 5 inches of person 2 3 10 inches of person 3
3 50 inches of person 4 10 inches of person 3 4 15 inches of person 4
4 45 inches of person 5 15 inches of person 4 5 20 inches of person 5
5 40 inches of person 6 20 inches of person 5 6 25 inches of person 6
6 35 inches of person 7 25 inches of person 6 7 30 inches of person 7
7 30 inches of person 8 30 inches of person 7 8 35 inches of person 8
8 25 inches of person 9 35 inches of person 8 9 40 inches of person 9
9 20 inches of person 10 40 inches of person 9 10 45 inches of person 10
10 15 inches of person 11 45 inches of person 10 11 50 inches of person 11
11 10 inches of person 12 50 inches of person 11 12 55 inches of person 12
12 5 inches of person 13 55 inches of person 12 13 60 inches of person 13
13 60 inches of person 13

main_i00000b.gif
[FONT=&amp]One of the cleverest substitutions is the number 10 position (2nd from the right) - this position 'gives up' almost the entire head, a few chin pixels remain - when the partial light blue head from position 11 moves over the previous chin pixels become the nose and the open neck of the t-shirt form the rest of the head -[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Explanation GIF - Animated[/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]Said another way, there are 12 - 65 inch people or 780 inches of people - after the switch, there are 13 - 60 inch people or 780 inches of people - in this case all were not the same height to start and all did not become shorter by the same amount - however, all the people are shorter in the 13 person picture - many are quite noticably shorter in the explanation gif as it 'flips' [/FONT]

main_i00000c.gif
[FONT=&amp]Substitution Order GIF - Animated [/FONT]​

[FONT=&amp]My PSP techniques aren't that good, but I've tried to retain the original figures as best I could and arranged them in substition order - this animation just slides the top half of the graphic over to the right and back again - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hopefully I've done it good enough that you can see, for example, how the magenta person in position 6 becomes a shorter magenta and blue person here and in the explanation gif above - [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In the description I assumed they were all 65 inches high and gave up the same amount, 5 inches - here you can also see that the actual amount 'given up' varies - position 2 and 3 leave behind just a bit of their shoes - position 5 leaves behind most of the legs and below - position 6 leaves behind most of the shorts and below - and so on - position 13 leaves it all behind except a tuft of hair - [/FONT]

What he said ^

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
It was easy....

1) go to Google
2) type : solution 13 into 12 men puzzle (or something of the sort)
3) choose your answer
4) copy and paste.

Et voila!

As I said: Easy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE