Finally going

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Hi guys, not sure if anyone remembers my thread about going to Austria last April for a bit of a fishing week, but on the 20th January I'm finally going. I didn't end up going in April because of working away in Cambridge. I was going to visit the Tirol.

My misses wouldn't let me go on my own this year so she's coming with me on the basis that we treat t as a holiday and not camp. So I'm flying to Salzburg on 20th Jan (my birthday on 21st) and staying in a flat in St Gilgen for a week. Looks absolutely beautiful, right on a lake called Wolfgang. (Google it, fantastic views)

At the moment, I'm planning on doing a lot of sight seeing, a historical village called Halstatt... BEAUTIFULLLLLL place, postcard village, along with lots of others. And everything is covered in snow at the moment so it's going to be lots of fun.

Has anyone been to this are and recommend anywhere to go/things to do?

ive recently bought myself a new camera and changed my blog over to a photography blog, so this trip will hopefully fill my site to the brim with amazing pictures.

nice to be black on the forum too,

James.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
At the moment, I'm planning on doing a lot of sight seeing, a historical village called Halstatt... BEAUTIFULLLLLL place, postcard village, along with lots of others. And everything is covered in snow at the moment so it's going to be lots of fun. James.

Halstatt ? It may not be your thing but if I was there I'd want to find out more about THIS . Related to the La Tene culture.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Sorry I spelt it wrong, Hallstatt. There's a bone house there, over 600 real skulls collected in this building with names and dates they died painted on them. Apparently, they dug them all up as there was no more room around to bury anyone else :)

cant wait.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Didn't cost much, £240 for flights and £130 for private rented accommodation for the week, and that's for 2 of us :) pays to shop around.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE