What have you made?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
So, what bushcrafty presents have you made for people? I have made some glass and flint pendants for my mother and granny, i have also made a couple of buckskin pouches for both my grannies, i small knife for my older brother and a beech spatula for my Dad. Thats me, What about you?:p

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
3 knitted Monmouth Caps, the last one for Hubby whose nose had got out of joint :rolleyes::D. Oh and a pair of Mohair/Hebrides socks for Hubby too. Sloe vodka for various people. Jams from our own trees and bushes, and Seville marmalade, and homemade ginger biscuits (with attitude!).

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Over the year i have slowly been making two small spoons and kuksa's from the same piece of wood for my 8month old twin boys. Hopefully one day
they will appreciate them and use them.

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
they look and sound fantastic guys! I have never got photobucket sorted WULF, suppose i will have to in order to photograph my secret santa! I dont know about you guys but i find that there is a big boost in my skills around christmas because of the large amount of experimenting and making lost of stuff!

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I haven't made any bushcraft gifts as such but my sons are getting 'DIY kits' for bushy stuff.

They both started hammocking last year so I've bought them enough amsteel to make themselves a couple of whoopie slings and a couple of softshackles each.

We also bought a few vaseline jars and a mesh frying pan guard yesterday so will be making meths stoves for their crusader sets.

If I've got enough leather left over after making myself a couple of knife sheaths, I've give them what's left to experiment with before buying them a chunk each to make their own knife sheaths with (they're getting new knives for crimbo...decent knives but not great sheaths sadly)

Last edited:

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
A set of four twig pencils for dear friends. And for family a couple of sycamore cooking/serving spoons, woven sheep fleece rug and marmalade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Failed in home made pressies this year, was too busy in work project and that failed too :D double fail. I had a few fire steels sets that I'm giving to my mates, a few bottles of home made beer and that covers most people I want to give pressies to. For parents and my missus I'm giving tickets a damn expensive show by Cirques Du Soleil - Alegria, I hope it's good, but that's not bushcrafty at all :D

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
made a few simple sling chairs for friends
Mmmm they sound nice! Any pics/ how-tos?

I made a coupla pairs of handspun gaiters and fingerless mits... every time I walk past the previous owners on the way to the pub, they look sheepish annoyance at me and I gloat ;)
8851_4579103470071_552303155_n.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Blackcurrant and Redcurrant jelly and a bottle of Blackcurrant vodka for both my brothers and their families :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE