Backscratcher

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Rather than spend the entire afternoon at the computer, I went into the shed and made an old-fashioned back scratcher from some yew.

Frst time I've made one of these, and it is a bit crude, but it does the job.

Makes a change from a spoon :)

Please excuse the rubbish photos
IMGP2326.jpg IMGP2328.jpg IMGP2330.jpg

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
They seem to have gone out of fashion, which is odd, since itches still occur and people still can't reach the middle of their backs easily.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Why is it, this instantly made me think of this:

[video=youtube;QBemDRn2jLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBemDRn2jLM[/video]

:lmao:

For the record, i use SWMBO's hairbrush....and she thinks all the hair on the brush is from her.....HA! :p

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Nice work, My back started to itch as soon as I saw your post. I want to make a stand for my 'drinking horn' tomorrow ready for Christmas day, so if time allows maybe a back scratcher as well ( as my partner always winges when I ask her to do it).

Thanks for the inspiration !

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hahaha Lister you weren't the only one ^^
But I love the job you did on that Backscratcher, looks awesome and I always love yew great wood
Yours sincerely Ruud

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Grand job :thumbup: I saw a bone one on telly totha night an thought? ?? Mmm there's summat I've not seen carved on forum yet.....an hey ho, you've done one :cool:

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Grand job :thumbup: I saw a bone one on telly totha night an thought? ?? Mmm there's summat I've not seen carved on forum yet.....an hey ho, you've done one :cool:

It came up in conversation the other night with my wife, and we both remembered grandparents having one, but didn't know where they had ended up, and we both said we wanted one. I'll have to make another now for myself, since she gets this one for Christmas.

Thanks for all the comments. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE