Washing in the wild

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I Have a Web-tex Collapsible wash bowl I fill this and use a flannel

I've used one of those Wash Bowls, was not impressed, as you have to use so much water to hold the sides up, OK if you got a consent supply, but no good for a camp out with limited water, In the case of personal washing, I tend to use wet wipes, and talc, and follow FPB&T one wipe for each area, then just burn them, if I've not got a fire they go in a bag until I can, and Cleaning Hand gel on the hands

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Why bother unless you are out for a month......:lmao:

Otherwise you can use that biodegradable soap which is really good for washing pots, clothing as well as yourself.

I couldn't remember the name of it but a search revealed an archived post in Google which Toddy posted back in 2006.

Code:
http://sallypointer.com/shop/index.php?cPath=2&osCsid=61a9aef6b2065c507c0ee65646810ea2

Bush Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2009
New Forest
Ecover washing up liquid - got it for £1 in Tesco before. Used it for everything in Borneo for 3 months - me, plates, clothes. Almost as good as the lifeventure all purpose which is very good but massively more expensive.

Soap bars are easiest for washing clothes, liquid for yourself. Depends on your priority.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Will give that a go next time I am out with a mate that brings one with him, I have just got hold of a very thin bowl that fits over the end of my Underquilt, it was 70p from Morisons, very thin and very light, so will be seeing how that works

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
And I notice that if I use foot-powder/talc then I need to wash it away each day, especially from between the toes as it otherwise provides a perfect environment for bacteria to thrive = ponky feet!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE