Sussex Group Christmas Meet 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
1 Spandit - both nights
2 Jackcbr - both nights - I'll bring the sausages in bacon might have a dinner guest too
3 SimonH - both nights
4 widu13 - I'll attempt both, but no promises- difficult weekend to juggle again.
5 Crosslandkelly both nights.
6 Hemdale
7 Peter_t - both nights hopefully

how about some presents? im thinking just home made stuff like carvings or maybe homemade gear. everyone who joins in can have their name picked out of a hat to decide on which present they get.
anyone in?

Will you be pitting that axe of yours up for Christmas dibs then Pete. :rolleyes:

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I've got a small Dutch Oven and in keeping with being the sausage man I'll bring the bacon wrapped sausages and the sausage meat and stuffing balls for the meet. Bring it on! Really looking forward to this. SWMBO might put an evening visit in to join us for the meal if that's ok

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
was that a hint? my van is poorly and has been for a month but when its fixed i will get u some

u cant make it to the christmas meet then?

No not a hint Pete mate.
As I type there are two dead elm trees opposite my window, all I need is one branch with the bark removed and I'm good to go.
What with all the high winds were having I am hopeful, if not it will have to be ash that will have to be foraged.
As to December meet I could be up for it if it not going to be a booze up ( as was in the header) would be good to join in the fun and spoon or kuksa gift it on.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hi guys,

I won't be really able to bring to much (heavy) stuff since I'll be coming with public transportation.
However, I'm happy to financially contribute. Would it work ?

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hi guys,

I won't be really able to bring to much (heavy) stuff since I'll be coming with public transportation.
However, I'm happy to financially contribute. Would it work ?

You can always pop down to Tesco at Forest Row and get some beer/wine in. Someone usually goes when they arrive. See you there!

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
found this today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQP2OIH7zSc

some good tips there.

think we may all need to chip in and help out with this one. Going to need lots of charcoal, veggies, spuds and trimmings, not to mention the bird too. Also lots of firewood to keep warm by and as we know from the last meet, there isn't much around D1E.

I've started to stock pile sausages and bacon, but would be good to know how many we are catering for, would it be worth me starting a new thread just for the meal?

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Also lots of firewood to keep warm by and as we know from the last meet, there isn't much around D1E.

If you head over towards the A22 from D1E there is/was a load of fallen and felled timber, Hugo, Monkey Boy & I bought a load back from there on one meet up, all depends if people can be bothered to go and get it and then process the logs i suppose?.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE