looking for boots and jacket on a budget

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 3, 2012
south wales
hi all i want to get a new water proof coat and boots but am on a budget so am looking for a decent water proof coat preferably green but dont want to spend to much if i can , same for a pair of walking boots and suggestions much appreciated thanks

Nov 3, 2012
south wales
think i would be wanting a medium coat i think boot 10s , have looked at the army surpluss for jackets but get a bit lost with it , dont want camo and overly baggy

not really sure about price but not a fortune think id be looking around the 60 mark for a coat or jacket

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
think i would be wanting a medium coat i think boot 10s , have looked at the army surpluss for jackets but get a bit lost with it , dont want camo and overly baggy

not really sure about price but not a fortune think id be looking around the 60 mark for a coat or jacket

You may want to look at farming shops. I find that they are great for good value really tough clothes. Somewhere like Countrywide or Mole Valley. You may also want to look at Screwfix as they do some good workwear that's usually pretty cheap.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Rather than "one" coat maybe consider layering. Fleece and a waterproof shell.
Boots part of the £60 budget?

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Dont know about coats but you wont go far wrong with a used graded pair of ex army issue meindl desert boots,i have a pair and there great.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Depends if you want brand new or new to you, If I had £60 to spend on a jacket I'd be scanning ebay, probably for a used Barbour, definately get a used one on your budget.
If you wanted brand new and it was your 'style' this company might be worth checking out (no affiliation etc:)......just heard good things and the price is right.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Campbell-C...=2150650&_sid=113196367&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

They have got a website but it wasn't working for me just now, campbellcooper.com

Check the forum classifieds as well.

Nov 3, 2012
south wales
thanks will have a look now

yea i was considering layers and getting a gortex style jacket with little padding then having a quilted jacket underneath

was thinking around 60 for a coat then 30 40 for some walking boots been looking thro go outdoors seem to have some good stuff

noonan79

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2012
cheshire
Try fishing/angling shops. £60 should get you a good waterproof coat with a removable fleece inner( if u shop around) and most ov them come in olive green.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
My local Aldi still has green waterproof jackets for about £20 I think. I got a pair of leather/gore tex lined boots from TK Max for £35 three years ago. I've put thousands of miles on them and they're only just starting to let water in when walking through wet grass for prolonged periods. You don't need to spend a fortune if you keep an eye out for bargains! Good luck

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
How about the Ridgeline Grizzly Jacket?

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Ridgeline-Grizzly-Fleece-Jacket-Cold-Weather-Breathable-Fleece-4975.htm

Its a waterproof fabric, but not taped seams, but is cracking value.

Alternatively the new Ridgeline Storm Smock is selling exceptionally well

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Ridgeline-Storm-Smock-Mountain-Shirt-5205.htm

I have a Storm as well as the Monsoon and it works fantastically well as a (not extreme wet weather) outdoors smock.

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE