Middlewood "Vertical Smoke 12" Halloween

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I can bring a few tarps and run a tarp workshop if there's any interest?

I could cover...

Design of tarp
Different configurations to suit weather and terrain
Knots

At this point will also say, I'm no expert, but am prepared to make a fool of myself teaching Granny to suck eggs!

Simon

Last edited:

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
last time i was at middlewood somebody gave me some squeeky cheese i cant for the life of me remember who but i liked it and wondered if anyone could tell me what type of cheese it really is called thanks the crowman.

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
is the ghost field where firebreather used to setup before strange things started to happen.
I spoke to jill (the wardens wife) she said there is a scout group booked at the very far end of the site thoses who the site will know it as the ghost field. And there is a youth group in the lodge on the carpark. So we are ok around the main firepit as normal.

C

caerbannog

last time i was at middlewood somebody gave me some squeeky cheese i cant for the life of me remember who but i liked it and wondered if anyone could tell me what type of cheese it really is called thanks the crowman.

The cheese is called hallomi and you can find it in most supermarkets for aroud the £2 mark, it's awesome stuff grilled :D

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
Bob
Wayland (Confirmed) Gin Gan Goo
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
SimonM - apple crumble and custard
DaveBromley - Parkin Cake and Peanut brittle
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Jim_aramis - Baked Sweet Potatoes
Hammockhead + son (big un)
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Crowman & Fox - Mulled Wine
Trunks - whatever I can find at Spar before I set off! Most likely crisps etc, but hoping for gingerbread men/women
Mentalnurse- marshmallows ( bring your own toasting sticks) i have some honeyed whiskey and some other bottles to share.
Phaestos
Mad Dave The award winning ****MAD DAVE CHILLI****
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Caerbannog + 1 (we shall bring Tiffin)
Dangerous Dan
Little Chief
V8Mule (Sat night)

will be on site from around 11am on the thur.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Bob
Wayland If I'm making Gin Gan Goo It would be wise to bring some bread for dipping.
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Trunks - whatever I can find at Spar before I set off! Most likely crisps etc, but hoping for gingerbread men/women
Mentalnurse- marshmallows ( bring your own toasting sticks) i have some honeyed whiskey and some other bottles to share.
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Dangerous Dan
Little Chief
V8Mule (Sat night)

Chrisf

Aug 24, 2012
South yorkshire
Hi

Should be there Saturday Morning sometime - trying to avoid boring family stuff.

Chris

Bob
Wayland If I'm making Gin Gan Goo It would be wise to bring some bread for dipping.
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Dangerous Dan
Little Chief
V8Mule (Sat night)
ChrisF

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Have to drop out of this one due to unforeseen circumstances.

Bob
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Dangerous Dan
Little Chief
V8Mule (Sat night)
ChrisF

Kat007

Dec 17, 2011
Eccles
Wahey, looks like we will be needing some bread so I shall bring a nice variety. Please don't tease me with the mulled wine - you know I can't have any and it's my favourite drink at winter time :(

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
Thanks Bob. Been a great camp nice to meet old friends and see new ones. Great nights with a good friendly atmosphere, some good skill shareing on the sat and the food was great sat.

role on the next one.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
My thanks also for organising it. My lad really enjoyed himself, and thanks to all for making him feel welcome. I still need to hear the full "Ghost Field" story though! (And was the slow drum at 3am part of it ...?!

Snozz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE