Glentrool meet 2/3/4 November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
If the gate is open, i suggest driving in and a hundred yards thereon, turn left over the bridge to where the caravans used to sit and we'll camp there.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Tam, would you have room for one more skull, for the weekend. If aye, what would i need to bring? as i have never been to the site before. Have you got a chute sorted?

Cheers Stuart.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hi Stuart, of course you will be more than welcome, the site is fine for tents/tarps or hammocking mate, i dont think we will have a chute this weekend but i may be wrong in that one, we normally get the chute of Josh, but obviously with the tragic news about the passing of Stuart that wont be happening unless one of the guys still have the chute from last time. Just in case im bringing my fishing brolly shelter and i believe big jason is doing likewise. Theres also a loch within 2 minutes walk from the campsite so a few of the guys will have their canoes too.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My little chute is available if anyone wants to drop by and pick it up ? I can bring it down to Bothwell Services if anyone's going down the M74.

cheers,
M

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
My little chute is available if anyone wants to drop by and pick it up ? I can bring it down to Bothwell Services if anyone's going down the M74.

cheers,
M

that would brilliant Mary, i will come and get it unless Gaz could pick it up as hes closer in hamilton, i will give him a phone and check and get back to you in a minute.

Col

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Cheers Col, i can bring my chute,which is plenty big enough. Will there be a communal nosh up? What about water, logs etc..

Cheers Stuart.

Ah thats great news Stuart, that saves me going all the way to Hamilton for Marys chute, me and Jason are taking a few bags of logs etc, there is some wood up there but it doesnt do any harm to bring a few extra logs on a cold weekend. I bring a big jerry can full of water, so your more than welcome to share that over the weekend mate, not sure wither there was a plan for a communal nosh up, Jason normally plans that one, so im sure he will see this and let you now.

See you Friday mate

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
I always use coal on the fire now ,, i getting going with wood , the i stock it up with coal , it last al ot longer and hold a good heat ..

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi Tam, would you have room for one more skull, for the weekend. If aye, what would i need to bring? as i have never been to the site before. Have you got a chute sorted?

Cheers Stuart.

Guid stuff Stuart.
Easy enough to get to, basically along the A75 to Newton Stewart, turn right onto the Barhill/Girvan rd, along for 7-8 miles, turn right at Bargrennan up to Glentrool village, turn right onto L Trool rd and along to near start of loch where you turn right into the old site.
clear as a quagmire,eh? lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE