I want to make a sling bow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi corso, well if i can get the kit off the dave canterbury web site that would be perfect!!! And work out a lot cheaper than buying all the adapted parts in the uk!! As long as it doesnt get stopped through customs, the only reason i said that they would not get through is that on daves site they sell the complete sling bow but state that they cannot send it to verious countries including the uk!!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
you can get it as a kit on the site too but I would check what slingshots it would fit.

There might be some strange US state export license issue? But importing is fine

England Ram

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2011
Derby
I have 2.
One made with a key ring, make sure you put some tape over the end of the link as this will rip any 'ranger band' (bike innertube cut up to make elastic bands) you use. You can slide this down the arms when wanting to use conventionally and it won't interfere.
One made with a brew kit bottle cleaner (came about 3 feet long so had much more to play with to get right) this is kept in place with a large 'ranger band' so is moveable if need to use as a catty.
Which is best? My 80lb self loading crossbow;-) seriously though, performance wise, negligible difference between the ring and home made whisker biscuit, both can be used as a normal catty, ring is quicker up & down.
The flights need to be reasonably small for the ring otherwise they tear easily.

Oh, and before you start replace the basic tubing with black therra bands. 5x times stronger and any stone or arrow will be much more deadly.(not that you can hunt with the arrow here in the uk though)

Hope that's some help.

Last edited:

Lyope

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2012
London
www.lyope.com
I use a whisker biscuit on my compound bow. It's just an arrow rest, but one favoured by hunters as it won't allow the arrow to fall out, like a target rest might. It's not quite as accurate as a proper drop away arrow rest as the flights whip through it on launch, but it's still excellent for target work.

Hit up eBay, there are always a few for sale there:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=whisker+biscuit

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi all,well i have been watching this thread closely so it seems that i can import the conversion kit from dave canterburys web sit but here is the problem you cannot get the right marksman 3040 sling shot in the uk to fit the adapter!!!
There is another chap on here who wanted to do the same as me so i have pm him to see if he ever found a solution.
it seems that you can buy the right sling shot in the us but they will not export it due to their regs!!!!
I would just get a whisker biscuit but it seems an expensive way to do this considering in this country they are more expensive than buying the proper add on from canterburys site!!!
Any thoughts ????? Constructive only please!!!!

DiamondAl

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2008
Nederland
Whisker biscuit is basically a piece of the stuff they sell for draught proofing doors, or letterboxes, with the metal outer of the whisker holder bent into a ring.

The hard parts will be bending a perfect circle in the metal outer, trimming the whiskers to the right size, and making a cover for the metal outer.

An interesting project to fill time.

Regards,

Alan

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
ive had a go at making one from a micarta catty il get some phots up soon as its running perfectly p.s. made my own whisker biscuit lol hope it purrs as good as it looks lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE