Hobbit House

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
Home for a few days on the banks of Loch Ness.
qumu9udy.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I kind of like that but also kind of don't.

I mean, it looks nice but I bet it takes twice as long to build as one with vertical walls whilst providing less internal space.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Cant they use concrete pipes like real hobbits do? (Hobbits not being much good at wooden houses)

Still, it livens up on of the duller part of Scotland.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I kind of like that but also kind of don't.

I mean, it looks nice but I bet it takes twice as long to build as one with vertical walls whilst providing less internal space.

I'm guessing about the same space as an old Quonset Hut of the same size.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Anyway, they are HIDEOUS, how in blazes did they get planning permission for those monstrosities?

(Even if it livens up what is probably Scotlands dullest loch.)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tengu, Loch Ness is beautiful :D At over 22 miles long it holds more fresh water than all the English and Welsh lakes put together. It's enormous and the scenery around it is wonderful.
http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/propertyresults/propertyoverview.htm?PropID=PL_297

What bothered you about the loch ? It's peat rich waters make it scary for some since they can't see what's in the water, but it's hardly dull.

I think the barrel houses are a bit bleak, but they're probably comfortable enough for a few days :) I think it's the way they're laid out like oil tanks...........maybe as the foliage grows up around them it won't be so stark.

cheers,
M

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Are the local youths going to get drunk one night and try to give one a good push!!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
From the hobbit campsite, "revolutionising camping for ever" gahahahahahahabahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahaha!!!!! Uuum no.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE