Tentipi Safir 9 CP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Cheers Paul.

Now it's gone I'm rather gutted - I have an unnerving suspicion that whatever I get isn't going to feel quite as nice to be inside.

I'm glad it's going to a good home though and I'm glad the right person got it in the end even if I was a bit of a butthead for 24 hours.

Cheers,
Joe.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Well it's on route to the delivery depot at the moment...

Don't be gutted Joe, you'll make me feel bad.

I'll look after it for you and if I ever sell it I'll offer you 1st refusal.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm glad it all arrived safe and sound, putting it up is a doddle:

1. Stick a peg through the loop end of the cord and the canvas square and into the ground.
2. Put a peg in the ground at each of the 8 angles displayed on the canvas square where the sewn in mark on the cord is. Leave the peg in the centre so you know where the pole goes.
3. attach the metal loops around the edge of the fly to each of the pegs.
4. Open the door, stick the pole in the cup and push to vertical replacing the centre peg.
5. go around the outside and push the pegs in all the way and pull the tensioning straps up tight.

Some tricks... if the door zip is too tight, move the pegs either side closer but keep the tension high, the bottom of the door is always more stiff than the top anyway but shouldn't be hard to pull as such.
If the top hat has a small gap at the top, pull the cord from inside to raise it up and then let go so it snaps down, this will give a proper overlap. Always use the little yellow plate for the pole to prevent it sinking... I once woke up and had a Safir 7 CP as the pole had been driven nearly a foot into the ground. I have never ever felt the need to use the outer guy points, if it looks windy, just drive 2 pegs in in a cross.

Please pitch it soon as I have been holding off on purchasing the replacement until I know you're happy with it ;)

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Well it fits in the garden.... just.

IMAG0272.jpg

I've not put the floor in yet but I've no doubt it's fine

Love it, Thanks :D

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
just ordered one of these

http://poshehon-star.ru/shop/index.php?categoryID=1

£124 inc delivery and western union fee. He speaks poor english so i drew a picture and emailed it with dimensions for the flue. run link in chrome for translation and use google translate to speak russian. much cheaper than most, i reckon import and vat will take it to about £150 total delivered

I was looking at these Paul. What tent do you have? I would be really interested in which you ordered. Or did you have a special order done?

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Thats my slight snag lol. I dont own the lavvu yet as i need to stash some cash. leaning towards helsport varanger 4-6. I asked for a 2.5m strait flue with 1 insulated section to go through the top hat. I ordered the medium but may come down to the small to shed some weight. Am waiting to hear back from him. you have the advantage of being able to measure to the top hat so should be easier. #i wish id gone for the slide on heat shields too but this can be added later. Im working on the basis that if it dont fit ill easily get my cash back on the bay

he really needs to move away from western union payment though. cost me £24 to send a £100 payment

ive got to get a load of non bushy stuff on ebay at the weekend to get the lavvu fund up to purchase strength

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm glad it fitted in your garden and that you like it. I pulled a sad face seeing it up in someone elses garden but needs must.

Make sure that whatever stove you get, that the stove pipe ends about 50cm above the very top of the tent so that all but the most persistent sparks cool or blow away before settling on the tent.

As an example, the Safir 9 is 3.1m high and the tentipi stove for it is 3.6m high.

I wish you happy tipiing ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE