for the 40k fans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
not a fan of reading books on my screen kills my eyes and head. just ole paperbacks for me! cheers anywayy

Me too, but I was given a Kindle....ho hum.
Currently at work, and am halfway through 'Daemonslayer' by William King (Gotrek & Felix book 3). It's a bit of a struggle to be honest. I find this with the other G&F novels i've read too.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
im the same theres quite a few fantasy omnibuses i really struggled to get through. now i tend to just stick to my favourite writers like abnet, mcneil, and demski-bowden.

scouse monster i could give something like that a go sometime for sure

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
im the same theres quite a few fantasy omnibuses i really struggled to get through. now i tend to just stick to my favourite writers like abnet, mcneil, and demski-bowden.

I've just bought the Word Bearers Omnibus....recently done with the Night Lords too. Dembski-Bowden is my current fave after Abnett.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
'Been away so missed most of this.

Not into 40K myself but the three lads are all addicts so the books are laying about so I've read a few. I find 'em very variable but some I've really enjoyed.

The eldest is to modelling what Herod was to Judean child care so somehow I got conned into doing his figures and tanks several years ago. Since he was prepared to put a large proportion of his birthday and christmas money into it I thought I may as well stop him ruining what are really overpriced kits and got sucked into it. Ended up making them a 6 by 4 table and a lot of scenery as well!

LineUp.jpg

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Nah his own chapter but we used a lightened version of Ultramarines blue for the base colour, it always comes out darker in pics for some reason. Now i have done all his vehicles I can custom print a set of decals, put them on and weather the vehicles to tone them down some more.

Horrible kits to be honest, especially the men which are very limited in the poses compared to the old Airfix multipose I cut my teath on. It was hard work to get every man different.

VeteranATSection.jpg

HeavyFlamerSection-1.jpg

Some imperial eagles would go down well if any ones making leather or metal ones., wristlets, badges or to hang around his neck. Even if there was a huge mark up it had got to be cheaper than GW prices!

Secretly I rather like Tau, though of getting some and putting human hands and heads on them and using them as SF power armour types.
ATB

Tom

Last edited:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I collect painted minis, some I have happened upon and some have been commissioned... Always wanted a painted squad but the cost would be prohibitive.

That's a nice cohesive looking army you have there Tom.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers, I've done about 120 of the little men so far, there's about a dozen more to do when I can face starting them again. He really enjoys the game so I dont begrudge him the time.

Atb

Tom

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
'Been away so missed most of this.

Not into 40K myself but the three lads are all addicts so the books are laying about so I've read a few. I find 'em very variable but some I've really enjoyed.

The eldest is to modelling what Herod was to Judean child care so somehow I got conned into doing his figures and tanks several years ago. Since he was prepared to put a large proportion of his birthday and christmas money into it I thought I may as well stop him ruining what are really overpriced kits and got sucked into it. Ended up making them a 6 by 4 table and a lot of scenery as well!

LineUp.jpg

Jeasus that is a lot of armour he has there, it would give my IG Tank army a run for it's money and I am a Forge Word addict and pack a Titan and 3 Super heavy tanks.

England Ram

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2011
Derby
Fantastic work there Dreadhead. Lettering looks spot on as well.

I too have been playing for many years and have 2 10,000 point armies. My own Marine chapter and a horrid Nid horde.

Got my kid boys playing as well, both with 3000 point armies, one Orks and one nids.

I find the modeling and painting together as bonding as making fires and carving together. The playing for me is a bonus.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Ah! those pesky titans, they are the reason I made him this non codex Jagdrhino

jagdrhino04left.jpg

Also converted a couple of land speeder Storms into beefier versions of the FW Tempest

Hurricanes01.jpg

The youngest two are working on Necrons and orc armies and thankfully need very little help.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE