Kevlar Protection items

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I agree each to their own, but I wouldn't ask " what's the best knife" or "has anybody got a knife to trade" without stating what sort of knife I want or what I would want it to do. There's a great deal of difference between a spoon knife and a kukri, just as there's a great deal of difference between a stab vest and a full plated ballistic vest.
If we had some clue to it's use maybe there'd be more info flowing.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
wear what you want, collect what you want.

Rob

Tongue firmly in cheek but how about... :umbrella:

WANTED, SWAPS

"50 Litres of Diesel, 50 Kilo`s of sugar, none traceable mobile phone capable of easy dis-assembly, remote ignition device"

Fair doos I could have a diesel Jag, a sweet tooth and an interest in dismantling mobile phones but surely it begs a little question? :D

Last edited:

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Scott getting back to your question. Having worn a vest a few times with a ballistic plate...they are dam heavy! So if you are going to use it for fun an pleasure you had best get some upper body work in!

Add a vest to a bergan and the load you are carrying is horrendus!

Dave Southey et al...you are supermen!

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I hope if this is for a 'prepping' scenario he realises that walking around during riots with full body armour on is more likely to get you noticed and therefore be more dangerous for you to wear then wearing nowt.

Most professionals (apart from soldiers) wear their body armor UNDER their street clothing. A bit less noticable. It's also one of the reason cops like to buy our own; we really don't want previously issued gear.

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Most professionals (apart from soldiers) wear their body armor UNDER their street clothing. A bit less noticable. It's also one of the reason cops like to buy our own; we really don't want previously issued gear.

Not in the UK,or in the private sector overseas in hostile environments.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not in the UK,or in the private sector overseas in hostile environments.

In the UK your cops don't wear body armor every day either though. Neither does your private security. Overseas hostile environments are still soldiers; private sector or otherwise.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Here you go Santaman. One Police officer with stab vest. The vest cover doubles up for equipment carry. I guess it looks less threatening this way :)

Police stab vest.jpg

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ok. Thanks. It's a stab vest though? Not true bulletproof armor? That's more like what corrections officers wear inside some of the more violent facilities here. Yes it can douldle as equipment carry (usually your back-up handgun is in a holster velcroed to the vest) but one of the reasons we wear it UNDER the the uniform is because it's less threatening if unseen. Also more difficult for a bad gut to target just where you're not armored.

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
In the UK your cops don't wear body armor every day either though. Neither does your private security. Overseas hostile environments are still soldiers; private sector or otherwise.

Most Police Officers do ear a stab vest on every shift, some forces dictate they must, others leave it to the officers choice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE