Hams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Happy to chat but G - ZL on 40m ssb with 100w and a dipole might be a bit of a challenge.

Know what you mean Johnboy and I only have 10w so challenge may not quite cover it mate but I'm quite often on
20m at the weekend. Shame though mate it would have been good
Dartmoor Navigator......get yourself a cheap mike and have a go with that Lol.:naughty:

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Know what you mean Johnboy and I only have 10w so challenge may not quite cover it mate but I'm quite often on
20m at the weekend. Shame though mate it would have been good
Dartmoor Navigator......get yourself a cheap mike and have a go with that Lol.:naughty:

I keep forgetting that the UK foundation licence has a power restriction in it.Let me have a frequency and timing and I'll keep an ear out for you on 20m. I run a QRP rig as well Icom 703 and it's amazing what you can get up to with QRP power. My best effort thus far is ZL-VE on 17m ssb. It's possible to get into VK from here with 10w with few problems.

I keep meaning to lug the 703 up a local hill and set up to see what results that brings..

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Updated list

Sniper John MM6AVE HF & 2 MTR
Dartmoor navigator Mike VP8ROT HF
Santaman 2000 Dan KK4BSY HF
Andy Pevy G4XYW
Ian M0ICM
Doc GM0WEZ
Johnboy John ZL1JPS
Roger uk Roger G8XAN
Mikey P Mike MM0GUX HF + 2 mtr
Big Stu12 Stuart M6SVJ
Ricky Amos M0ZAV

Bands were all gummed up tonight with contesters but I'll try again same time and frequency next week, hope to hear some of you then.

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
I'm a ham, but I've not been active for quite a few years now. I had a lightning strike on my shack which took out
all my rigs. It hit the 2m vertical and went right through the wiring of the house, TV's, Video recorder, everything.
:vio:I had a TS850SAT with a G5RV and Bencher key, I'd worked about 120 prefixes, CW and phone.
I think I was coming to a point where I was more interested in the internet anyway to be honest.

I am Steve M0*** Sorry, don't like to give my callsign as I'm in the book and so is my address.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Bands were all gummed up tonight with contesters but I'll try again same time and frequency next week, hope to hear some of you then.

Aye the ' Worked All Europe' Contest was droning away all weekend... At one point on Saturday mid afternoon here in NZ 20m was a veritable hive of activity... I sat an listend to them while pruning up my new 20m portable dipole...

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'm a ham, but I've not been active for quite a few years now. I had a lightning strike on my shack which took out
all my rigs. It hit the 2m vertical and went right through the wiring of the house, TV's, Video recorder, everything.
:vio:I had a TS850SAT with a G5RV and Bencher key, I'd worked about 120 prefixes, CW and phone.
I think I was coming to a point where I was more interested in the internet anyway to be honest.

I am Steve M0*** Sorry, don't like to give my callsign as I'm in the book and so is my address.

Real bummer mate sorry to hear it but you shoud get yourself back on as the bands are gonna be on an all time high by early summer next year if the predictions are to be believed.
Aye Johnboy could'nt get on for love nor money....still got a few countries I did'nt have before so not a complete loss.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Not bad at all Ricky well done mate.
Tried again on 7.125 tonight but band was cluttered both up and down, even tried up on 7.130 being the only free spot but nothing, oh well there's always next week and I'll give it another go. Come on guys give us a call.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds interesting. So your broadcasting right now.

From the last post by Sniper, I think tonight's session is over. I'm not personally taking part as I still don't have a rig so I'm monitoring the thread until then.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
So what kind of things are discussed on the air. Also can anybody listen in with a normal radio. Or do you need special equipment?

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
broadcasting no....that would be a breach of the terms and conditions on the licence. you can only call another amateur or call CQ. (seeking you) a general call to anyone listening. Sorry not being a prude but please just get you licence and join the rest of us hams, its not a black art but well worth it.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
broadcasting no....that would be a breach of the terms and conditions on the licence. you can only call another amateur or call CQ. (seeking you) a general call to anyone listening. Sorry not being a prude but please just get you licence and join the rest of us hams, its not a black art but well worth it.

Quite right. But I think he meant the term "broadcasting" as simply being on the air; not the strict definition.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Sorry for all the questions. So what kind of stuff do i need and where do you get it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE