Wondermill Junior Deluxe Grain Hand Mill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I did a demo of this fantastic grain mill at the Moot and having spoken to the importer they are willing to do a discount for a group buy which I'm happy to run.

They retail for £211 including delivery. The saving for a group buy will be over £40 per unit.

They will also do a discount on the drill adapter and/or 12" drive wheel that can be used with an electric motor or exercise bike etc. I'm about to order the 12" drive wheel so I can rig up a motor and bike.

Check out the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n__7EzkhZLE

http://willitgrind.com/

I grind my own Spelt, rice, corn and wheat flour. I'm starting to experiment with my own Cashew and Pistachio nut butters too.

Nothing beats being able to make your own fresh healthy flour/bread particularly as prices are about to shoot up due to shortages.

Post here or PM me if you are interested. A couple of people from the Moot are already on the list.

Phil

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just my kind of thing :)

Sadly not quite the one I want:(

If you ever get a price on the Country Living grain mill, I'd be very interested!

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
That sounds like fun Phil.
We do a lot of demos in local schools and this would be perfect.
I would be up for buying one with the drive wheel so we could use a bike to power it.
Cheers , Simon

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hi British Red,

I'm afraid having looked/asked around there doesn't seem to be any EU importer for Country Living Mills and I see that privately importing will set someone back over £400 what with taxes etc., ouch! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any local warranty support either.

At the discounted rate of around £200 delivered with a 12" drive wheel, the Wondermill is fantastic value for money. These things are bomb proof and I have found they do the job really nicely. Let me know if you reconsider, a Wondermill would serve you well.

Phil

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hi Simon,

I'll put you down on the interested list and leave this offer open for awhile to give people an opportunity to get in on the group discount.

Ta, Phil

Grey Owl

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
voyagetothebay.cauc.ca
The Wondermill is a great device. We considered the Country Living Mill as well, but simply could not justify double the cost for something that did not provide any additional utility. The Country Living has a 'classic' look about it, and for many years there was nothing comparable in terms of longevity and performance. But those days are behind us now and the Wondermill is a very able competitor.

Grinding night has become a family event and everyone except the 11m.o. participates in the action. We enjoy the effort, the taste and knowing precisely where our grains are sourced from. In terms of saving money, for us it has been phenomenal bargain as our friends drop off a 20litre pail of grain from their farm whenever we request and they'll take nothing more than a loaf of bread in return.

For those on the fence about purchasing a grain mill, my only caution is to consider your commitment to your food. If you are willing to spend a little more time in preparing recipes, or can set aside time each week for grinding grain, then the purchase will be well justified.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Thanks for the testimonial Grey Owl. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

How lucky you are to be able to source a pail of grain for the price of a loaf of bread. I'm going to have make friends with more farmers!

I'm sure I can negotiate a really good discount (£50+) on the electric Wondermill if anyone is interested. This is specifically an electric mill, not a motorised Wondermill Junior. You can make a heck of a lot of any kind of flour with an electric Wondermill! I know an electric mill isn't very Bushcrafty but you can still make camp bread with the fresh flour. ;-)

Phil

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Woohoo, I have just received and distributed three Wondermill Junior Deluxe Mills.

I will do the same again when I have enough for another order. The mills are about £170 including courier delivery. Usual price is £211 so £41 off what is normally a very fixed price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n__7E...2&feature=plcp

The 12" motorizing pulleys are £42 instead of £52.
The Drill Adapters for a mixer drill are £20.

I now have a pulley wheel and drill adapter for mine so I will be experimenting with motors and exercise bikes!

Phil

1. Plastic-ninja (Simon) 1 + pulley wheel.
2. ?
3. ?

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi, if you run the buy again please let me know. I'm sorry I can't commit now as I've just been made redundant, but I'd love one. Andy.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
This group buy has been quiet due to not hitting a second minimum order threshold. I have just received a message from another interested party. That is two, we need three for an order.

Excellent value and quality bit of kit.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
1. Plastic-ninja (Simon) 1 + pulley wheel?
2. AJB
3. Swallow?

Right then guys, we shall start the ball rolling again. Jump on board whilst you can. I will plan to demo this unit again at the Moot and I now have a flywheel to try and rig one to a bike set up.

We need a minimum of three solid orders to proceed.

Don't forget to check out the vids and info, these are excellent bits of kit.

Last edited:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
More bushcrafty is our saddle quern and we now have a rotary handmill/quern as being more late Iron Age. At events there are generally more than enough child slaves willing to grind for as long as their parents will let them.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE