Firepiston Tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello friends, this is my third wooden firepiston:

7799527566_36c1801cdd_b.jpg

and I finally finished writing the tutorial about how I made it, basically shows how to get this:

7806197504_9c44d5cfae.jpg

starting from this:

7806197438_c79dc31f6f.jpg

here is a link to my blog so you can read it in English with google translator (is too much text for me as for try to write it in English, really wanted to do it but my English is very basic)

http://bushcraftyotrasyerbas.blogspot.com.ar/2012/08/mi-tercer-firepiston-tradicional.html

Here is the English translation: http://translate.google.ca/translat...a=X&ei=VL0vUImsBKGciQKIpYGQBQ&ved=0CCkQ7gEwAA

I hope you enjoy it! :D

Last edited:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Maybe not a response you were expecting but ............. I think the photos are fantastic - can you give a link to the set up you used please?

Maybe not a response you were expecting but ............. I think the photos are fantastic - can you give a link to the set up you used please?

Hi Elines!, I'm not a photographer (just trying to learn), so I take your question as a compliment, thanks :)

it's actually quite simple, I use three large sheets of thin paper (one as a base and two on the sides), and two fixed lights (desk lights) on each side, the one on the right is a little higher than the other, and a camera flash rebound in the ceiling.

cheers

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
"I use three large sheets of thin paper (one as a base and two on the sides), and two fixed lights (desk lights) on each side, the one on the right is a little higher than the other, and a camera flash rebound in the ceiling."
Ok thanks - I take it that you shine the light through the thin paper on each side? I'll have to adapt your method as I only have a fixed flash on my compact but you have given me some ideas I want to try............................................ sorry the wording is so cramped - can't get the enter key to work on BCUK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE