Article: Pooping Perfectly in the Woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
In summer foxgloves (digitalis) leaves are excellent: softer than paper, do not need burning and do not go to shred when it is wet or raining. Far superior to toilet paper.

Good article, in the Cairngorms the ranger service supply's poo pots where you take a dump in a pot, toilet paper goes in as well. On returning to the car park you empty the contents into the sewage works.....Perhaps a good idea for National parks and any areas that see a high footfall?

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My Dad told me that during WW2 he was issued with two sheets of Izal paper. When he complained it wasn't enough, the sergeant told him to use both sides.

I remember seeing a book advertised called "How to s**t in the woods". I'm too lazy to google it, but it might be worth doing if you give a s**t.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My Dad told me that duringWW2 he was issued with two sheets of Izal. When he complained that it wasn't enough, the sergeant told him to use both sides.

Someone wrote a book called "How to Sh*t in the Woods", but I'm too lazy to google it right now. You could, that is if you give a sh*t.

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
had a poo in the see out in asia, have to say it was a very pleasant experience, and watching the coral dwelling fish go into a feeding frenzy over it, put the iceing on the cake as it where.

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
How to **** in the woods is a good read. An ideal toilet book if you will...

It also includes lady-specific information about periods and tampons etc.

Celberon

Dec 17, 2006
UK
I can vouch for snow. goodjob

3 or 4 oblong hand sized lots of packed snow, usually prepared whilst fertilizing the forest, are very effective and easy to use: and definitely not as uncomfortable as the imagination likes to suggest!

Can also be a real asset if lots of beans or warming Chilli / curries are on the bush tucker menu. ;-)

Oh, and we always shoved a prominent bit of stick in the ground to mark the spot.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
So do you go with the grain or against?
I've got a large open pinecone on my kitchen window and quite honestly going against the grain with that bad boy...well I'm thinking hygene won't be the number one priority at that moment :eek:

Am getting seriously worried now about going to meets ... pinecones? hedgehogs? corncobs? Hopefully none of these are compulsory ??? May I just stick to dock-leaves, or TP ... please ??? :umbrella:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Am still laughing hysterically :rofl:

I can't find the joke thread so am putting this here as it ... errr ... sprang to mind on reading this post -

Sign in the gents at the local golf club, "Golfers will please refrain from scrubbing their balls in the sink", to which some wit had responded with the scribbled addendum, "Hardy chaps, these golfers!" (told me by my dad!)

I thought maybe the last comment applies to bushcrafters too ???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE