Karrimor Predator Tecmac 50

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I bought the side pockets off DiamondDave for my Rocketpak and service Bergen. Primarily they are to help me arrange my kit as previously remarked by someone else earlier in the thread. Useful to keep things at hand I have the following as contents;

Waterproof trousers
First Aid
Brew kit
24hr rations
Crusader, Honey Stove, possibles

I have half a mind to replace my tarm as a few grommets are showing signs of coming away and the aussie hootchie on sale in SASS claims to fit into a single ammo pouch. Here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 329
The side pockets hold a suprising amount dont they!
and with them being three seperate sections it allows a lot of personal items that you want to be easily accessed without having to root around in a pocket searching for one item. specially when its miserable weather and all you want it waterproofs.
i'm still playing around with layout for my pockets but i am still well impressed with them.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
The Predator side pockets are well designed and well made, however, they are limited to total carry space (5Ltrs) which to my mind makes them unsuitable for bushcrafting. I much prefer the original PLCE pockets.

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
Yes that's why I didn't bought them. They are great for military usage to carry more magazines which the pockets are designed for.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
To me it looks like the current british army issue bowman radio daysack, slightly modified with a differently designed lid pocket and with MOLLE tape added. Karrimor (well, PRI) make that item, and it's pretty good. The only drawbacks i've found is that unladen its incredibly heavy for such a modestly proportioned sack, and that the press stud arrangement at the base of the sack allows small items to fall out of it (like incredibly overpriced bowman ancills!). Not sure if the press studs are backed up with a zip in this version?

I'm taking a bit of convincing to like the MOLLE arrangement- it just seems to add extra weight in two key ways- firstly the not insignificant weight of the tape itself (which gets even heavier when it absorbs water, and further breaches any waterproof nature of the pack fabric by covering it in stitching), and secondly by massively increasing the weight of the pouches themselves. Although i can appreciate the usefulness of being able to rearrange the type and location of external pouches for particular applications...

Be interested to know how much the pack weighs?

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
I have the patrol 45 so our bags are from the same material. Have you used it in rain? Should I use a waterproof stuff sac inside it and in the side pouches?

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Taken delivery today of the Patrol 45, for much the same reason as the first post, was using a long back bergan, 100 litres, plus side pouches adding another 30. Found myself taking everything for the sake of it, so opted for the 45 to try and reduce what I take, first impressions very pleased, not as comfy to wear as other bergan, but it's brand new and needs a bit of breaking in I suspect. Have packed it with essentials, tarp, bivy bag, sleeping bag, ranger shirt etc, room left for food, camera etc. I have added one side pouch which will be for Billy can, food and water. Will post some pics of first run out and contents.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
If its a Vulcan then yep.Karrimor zips are comparable with PLCE as is the Vulcan.

If its a Vulcan II or Crusader then no they are compatible with Berghaus's own MMPS pouches...

HTH..

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I use the issue radio/mortar pack which is almost identical as has already been said. I rate it highly.
Not used it in the rain yet, so can't comment on waterproofing on mine. However, I use a dry bag and I always carry a Bergen cover with my waterproofs, just in case (makes a handy rain collector or foraging sack)

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE