Coat fetishist?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Am I to coats what Imelda Marcos was to shoes?

I can justify each and every one though!

Harkila Prohunter
Paramo Halcon
Ridgeline Monsoon
Buffalo Special 6
Sportchief
Schoffel Ketton
Swanndri pullover
Deerhunter wolf
Deerhunter lightweight Autumn
Barbour Berwick Endurance
Arktis Mammoth
Jahti Jakt
Fortress farmer
Craghoppers aquadry
Flektarn Gtx
Pac a mac
Regatta gamefair special

In my defence it does rain a lot around here!

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Was it a Batman one Dartmoor navigator? ;)

:yikes: Were you there as well?

So there was my girlfriend, naked and tied to the bed, me in a batman suit on top of the wardrobe. I fall through, break my leg and the bleddy wardrobe was locked!!!

The police had to break in the house after the neigbour heard cries for help...

Edited to add (for Bowlander's benefit) - I was at about 6 or 7 Paramo jackets (not to mention the rest of them...probably about 15 more) before I realised that OCD had taken over.

Last edited:

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
That story originated from a local traffic wardens antics as reported by local firemen who were called out to cut the wife free of hand cuff restraint. Apparently.

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Am I to coats what Imelda Marcos was to shoes?

I can justify each and every one though!

Harkila Prohunter
Paramo Halcon
Ridgeline Monsoon
Buffalo Special 6
Sportchief
Schoffel Ketton
Swanndri pullover
Deerhunter wolf
Deerhunter lightweight Autumn
Barbour Berwick Endurance
Arktis Mammoth
Jahti Jakt
Fortress farmer
Craghoppers aquadry
Flektarn Gtx
Pac a mac
Regatta gamefair special

In my defence it does rain a lot around here!

Ach your just an amateur yet!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Also got it bad, in fact out of control, but I only bought one jacket this year and that was a trade, so no net increase. There is something about jackets - and tents for that matter. Perhaps it's a primeval need for security.

I think I need professional help. Only got one back!

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nowt wrong with lots of coats so long as you get out and use them, its sad if you just hang them up and look at them.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i misread the title. i thought it said GOAT fetishist! Have to say that I was dissapointed to find a bunch of grown men chatting about their fashionable wardrobe contents :roleyes: Unless they are brand name flashing macks?

Just to show that I can talk clothes too, since I'm here. I have three jackets: one Dave Budd branded fleece, one army surplus camo cotton jackety thing (for when I'm working outdoors with fire and rain), and finally an Arktis smock bought cheap from Endicotts (which replaced my last peter storm waterproof of 15 years). As you can see, I'm not a great follower of fashion :D

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Reading this persuaded me to count my coats and jackets. I seem to have acquired 12 over the last 30 years or so !
I hate throwing things out, so when coats and jackets get too tatty for smart wear they are relegated to gardening or bushcraft use. Trouble is; I have ended up with a wardrobe full of old tatty jackets and only a couple of good ones!

I have a Barbour gamefair which is around 30 years old, used for gardening, bonfires, hedge pruning and mucky jobs,
A Slioch Gortex jacket, 25 years old, which has worn, slightly leaky shoulders, but which lives in the car as a spare or for emergencies. Has been used a lot by work colleagues this summer!
A newish ( 12 years old) Slioch Goretex jacket for hillwalking.
A newish ( 7 years old) Berghaus Cornice jacket which I try and keep looking respectable for smarter work wear.
Three Lands End Squall Parkas: the newest one I try to keep smart for winter work wear and the others have been relegated to the scrufffy category as they have become progressively ripped and torn,
A 25 year old ventile coat, very comfy and well worn, but almost falling apart now, so I have bought a replacement from Hilltrek last winter, but of course I don't have the heart to throw the old one out! Both used for winter bushcrafting.
A new Country Innovation cotton-tec jacket for summer birdwatching, bought to replace an old Fjallraven Iceland jacket. Needless to say I've kept the old one!
Finally a Paramo Cascada jacket, this one is provided by work and has the work logo on it, so perhaps this one doen't count:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE