Bushmoot Bow Making?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I will be running a one day Bhutanese Bow Making workshop at the moot.

You can make a good shooting bow with a decent tiller in 4 hours or so from bamboo.

I ran a workshop at the last moot I attended and it proved quite popular.

I need an idea of the numbers of people that are interested in spending the day learning how the craft their own bow.

You will make a Bhutanese Bow an Arrow and a bow string. (Flemish twist)

I will need to make a small charge for the materials as thick Bamboo isn't cheap. £15pp

I suggest the maximum number of people I can cope with to give everyone a proper amount of attention is 8 people.

I normally charge £180 for a 1 day course for two people.

The draw weight of the bows should be around 30-35lb at 28inches which should shoot an arrow 150 yards.

Last edited:

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
I'd be really really interested if space permits. This would be really exciting to get invoked in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
well yeah, i'm up for it. i'm glad you posted draw weights, i was looking at picking up a few POC arrow shafts the other day.......

cheers, and.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Ok list now closed. I will bring enough bamboo for everyone that has replied to this thread. I will be bringing a few drawknives, spoke shaves, farriers rasps and scrapers.

I am assuming you will all have at least one knife probably more;) and an axe. I will bring a few spares for people to use.

So if you have your own drawknife, spokeshave, cabinet scraper it might be an idea to throw them in the back of the car. Also handy for cutting the knocks will be a laplander and some needle files.

I have ordered extra bow string material. We will cut and prep turkey feathers for the fletching.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
COOOL BEANS!!!! :You_Rock_

Yep to the drawknife and axe and folding saw and needle files and rasps and spokeshaves and scrapers. Do I win a prize for being the most attentive student? Huh? HUH?!

Cleaned up and sharpened 3 drawknifes last night to bring to sell at The Moot, so if you're short of those I can bung those into the mix for the class to use. Got a couple of axes too, even a huge farriers rasp and a couple of small rasps. Happy to help out. I'll even bring an apple for the teacher. :lmao:

relfy

Nomad
Wayne, do you know what day you will be doing this? as I won't be able to make the whole moot this year and was thinking of coming just from the 1st to the 5th (Although things might change altogether as cyclingrelf ran through a plate glass door yesterday and was apparently in hospital with both arms and legs in plaster worrying most about missing the moot...). Eleanor

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi eleanor i hope cyclingrelf is ok give her my regards and hope she gets well soon regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE