Scotland trip.. Advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
Hi everyone, I am trying to plan another Scotland trip for me, my better half and our two dogs, mid september and wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere? ................

Ok tough one haha,,, let me narrow it down a bit, we will be going for 4 nights and and we have done Loch Chon and Loch Achray already so looking for somewhere else,
We will be taking our bell tent so will need somewhere with room for that to.
My main problem is finding somewhere where we can leave the car fairly close to where we camp, we won't have enough room in the noo for the 4 of us and all our gear so won't be able to dump the car and paddle off as normal.

We also don't want to be driving to far, maybe 6 ish hours from York tops.
In return for the fantastic advice I will hopefully get I promise to post lots of pics and a write up etc when we get back!!
Thanks in advance everyone,
Joel

For trips where I cant haul the big tent far, I usually head for Glen Etive. A few Nice spots along the road and within walking/dragging distance. Im not sure of the travel time from York. Takes me roughly 2 hours from Glasgow from what I remember. The river at Etive provides some entertainment and you can always head onwards to the Loch where there is some decent fishing.

Good luck with the search

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We are just back from Kintra Farm on Islay http://www.kintrafarm.co.uk/

We were lucky enough to have great weather, visits to distilleries and some good coast walks... the beaches are huge,

Kintrafarm.jpg

This was last week...

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi everyone, I am trying to plan another Scotland trip for me, my better half and our two dogs, mid september and wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere? ................

Ok tough one haha,,, let me narrow it down a bit, we will be going for 4 nights and and we have done Loch Chon and Loch Achray already so looking for somewhere else,
We will be taking our bell tent so will need somewhere with room for that to.
My main problem is finding somewhere where we can leave the car fairly close to where we camp, we won't have enough room in the noo for the 4 of us and all our gear so won't be able to dump the car and paddle off as normal.

We also don't want to be driving to far, maybe 6 ish hours from York tops.
In return for the fantastic advice I will hopefully get I promise to post lots of pics and a write up etc when we get back!!
Thanks in advance everyone,
Joel

Not sure if you can get there in 6 hours but try Glenbrittle Campsite in Southern Skye. Brilliant dog-friendly site by the sea, great beach (good for dog running), you can park next to your tent, good facilities and the Cuillins next door.

33o1rwx.jpg

Weather wasn't always like that! We did see the summits! The sea/beach is over the fence and we were 2 mins from toilet/shower block.

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
Wow!! Thanks guys,
Mike and JohnC, both of those spots look fantastic, but I think it will be a bit to far for us this time,

Thanks Filterhoose, I think Loch Tummel is the favourite so far and it doesn't look to far from Loch Rannoch either so we could check both places before choosing one. Any ideas if either of these places get busy?
Joel

Wow!! Thanks guys,
Mike and JohnC, both of those spots look fantastic, but I think it will be a bit to far for us this time,

Thanks Filterhoose, I think Loch Tummel is the favourite so far and it doesn't look to far from Loch Rannoch either so we could check both places before choosing one. Any ideas if either of these places get busy?
Joel

Loch Tummel can be busy on weekends. There are wee promintories just off the road between Mains of Duntalich and the end of Frenich Wood, a couple ypu can drive onto and some with roadside parking. Its a couple of years since I last camped there. Plenty of wood (conifers so sit well back) for fires.

Of the two Tummel is most likely to be busies as it has easier access to A9. Rannoch by far the bonniest as you will have views south over Schehallion and west over Rannoch Moor to Glencoe.

For both though it is pot luck as to finding a spot. Tummel is single track so drive slow and keep your eyes peeled. Google Earth and you will get an idea of the most likely spots.

Hope this helps Joel

Windy from the Filterhoose.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE