Selling on e-bay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I hope I'm not going over old, or very old, ground, but a question came up in conversation the other day about selling knives on e-bay. OK, we all know that its a definite no, no, in the UK and Ireland, but e-bay.com, being the US parent of all things e-bay is rife with knives of all shapes and sizes.

So, the question asked was, 'have you ever tried selling your knives on e-bay.com, but excluding those countries that have banned knife sales?'

Well, I haven't, have any of you guys tried it, and if you did, how did you get on?

Last edited:

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
what about buying..anyone had any issues especially with customs..? seen a beautiful knife nicely priced but worried will get collared by import. any help greatly appreciated

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's right. Bidding is something you can't do. Customs can be a problem with some folders that have loose actions, but fixed blades are fine.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I think Etsy is going to be a good place to sell knives, there are at least a couple of sellers I have seen recently. I am going to put some of my wood carving knives on there and see. Coincidently, I was looking on Ebay just this morning for wood carving knives, there were a couple of "spoon carving tools" and that was it. There are plenty of much more dangerous tools on there than knives such as axes and chisels!

DomBrister

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2013
Morton
Im looking for a curved blade to try carving a spoon/bowl/drinking vessel. Does anyone know any going second hand? as its my first try.
Many thanks
Dom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE